ROXBURY, NJ (October 11, 2019) – Roxbury Township Public Schools is working to educate parents and the community on Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying with a HIB 101 Panel presented by David Nash, Esq. the Director of Legal Education with the Foundation for Educational Administration.
The event is on Wednesday, October 23rd at Eisenhower Middle School located at 47 Eyland Avenue in Succasunna, NJ at 7 p.m.
Roxbury parents that register and attend this informative workshop will receive school-based incentives. Check with your child’s school to see what the incentive is and register now at www.roxbury.org/HIBPanel.
New Jersey has one of the strongest, and most complicated, anti-bullying laws in the nation. In this session, parents will learn about key aspects of New Jersey and their rights.
Topics to be reviewed include:
- What constitutes “harassment, intimidation, and bullying (HIB)” under state law?
- What is the process that must be followed in conducting an HIB investigation?
- What lessons can be learned from recent case law regarding bullying?
- What due process protections are built into New Jersey’s law to protect the rights of students and parents?
- When are school districts required to contact law enforcement?
- What unique considerations come into play when there are allegations of cyberbullying?
- How can schools and parents work together to proactively address bullying and larger issues of school climate?
PHOTO ATTACHED (courtesy of Roxbury Schools)
Comments powered by CComment