Things are getting competitive in the Lake Loop 2020 Virtual event, and seasoned members like Walter Wurster’s reach out to you for your donations to this team. Walter is also running with this team Dynamite Dave and the Lake Cruisers.
From Walter Wurster: Hi! As you might know, I've been a Lake Hopatcong guy for 66 years. Walter Wurster's Fundraising Page.
In order to show my love and support for Lake Hopatcong, I am participating in the Lake Hopatcong Foundation’s Virtual Lake Loop from October 1- October 11th. This virtual fitness challenge will help keep both myself and Lake Hopatcong healthy and vibrant by raising funds for the Lake Hopatcong Foundation and getting me moving!
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation is a 501(c)(3) that dedicates itself to protecting the lake environment and enhancing the lake experience, bringing together public and private resources to encourage a culture of sustainability and stewardship on and around New Jersey’s largest lake, for this and future generations. It will be my personal goal to reach 66 miles to match the numbers of years I have been at Lake Hopatcong. I have pledged to raise $1000 by October 11th!
Interested in knowing where your money goes? The Foundation encompasses a variety of programs and initiatives that impact the lake. Below are a few focus points:
- Environment: Preventing the spread of invasive species, partnering with other organizations on algae-bloom prevention projects, hosting lake-wide cleanups, and more!
- Education: Bringing hundreds of students to Hopatcong State Park for the spring field trip program and running educational sessions on “Study Hull,” the LHF Floating Classroom.
- Community: Hosting events and exhibits at the restored Lake Hopatcong Train Station, which now serves as the LHF Environmental & Cultural Center and organizing the annual Lake Hopatcong Block Party to celebrate the four towns around the lake, their businesses and organizations.
- Safety: Programs include partnering with the State Police, implementing a dock numbering program, and conducting courtesy patrols and dangerous boating signage campaigns.
- Recreation: Working with local towns and groups to develop a trail system around the lake.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Visit lakehopatcongfoundation.org for more information! I hope you can join me on this virtual journey by donating to my campaign or by joining my team. The link is below. You can also mail a check made out to Lake Hopatcong Foundation at 125 Landing Road, Landing NJ 07850. Please note my name and ‘Lake Loop’ in the memo field. All contributions are tax-deductible. Also, follow me on the Lake Loop’s Strava club to see my achievements at https://www.strava.com/clubs/lakeloop. This week I will begin to prepare for the Lake Loop. Now if that is not motivation, I am not sure what is! Thanks for your support, I am so excited to be able to do this! Walter Wurster's Fundraising Page!
Comments powered by CComment