Do you have a love of all things Victorian? Do you appreciate the storied history of Jefferson Township and the local areas of Milton and Oak Ridge? Do you like working with the public? If so, we’d LOVE to talk to you!
The Jefferson Township Historical Society is currently seeking to add new docents and guides to the volunteer staff at the Jefferson Township Museum, the George Chamberlain House, located at 315 Dover-Milton Road in Jefferson, NJ.
Docents and guides at our Museum will:
- Meet and greet visitors during the Museum’s regularly scheduled Open House dates and special exhibitions (Christmas in the Village, Pathways of History Historic Home Tour, etc.)
- Direct visitors foot traffic and access in the museum during peak periods
- Discuss aspects of the Chamberlain family, local history, the museum and its furnishings and exhibitions.
- Assist with display and exhibit setup at the museum as needed.
- Assist with organization for special museum events as needed.
Membership in the Jefferson Township Historical Society is required.
Docents and guides are traditionally required to dress in period-appropriate Victorian attire during visiting hours at the museum. We will assist you in providing costumes for your use. While not mandatory, we sometimes travel to outside venues in costume, serving as liaisons for the Jefferson Township Historical Society, providing information about our museum—and our Victorian clothing—to the general public.
If you are interested in this exciting volunteer opportunity, please contact:
Altaira Howanice, Museum Director
Jefferson Township Historical Society/
George Chamberlain House
Comments powered by CComment