The following is the weekly report for fishing for Lake Hopatcong as provided by Dows Boat & Bait Shop and Aaron Graybill from Lake Hopatcong Guide Service.
While we are getting a small snowstorm rolling through the area as this article is being released, the early reports on open water fishing on Lake Hopatcong is quite positive.
The Lake Hopatcong open water season has begun and is off to a great start. Aaron Graybill of Lake Hopatcong Guide Service reports:
- Excellent fishing for both Crappie & Yellow Perch:
- These fish are shallow and aggressive as they head to their spring spawning areas.
- Most any ultralight sized bait will work over the next few weeks.
- Jig and bobber set ups, small jerk baits and smaller sized live baits are always productive.
- Dylan Cole made his way to the scales with his 2 largest crappie weighing 1 lb 9 oz and 1 lb 7 oz.
- Anglers will also find Largemouth Bass, white perch, and pickerel in these shallower waters.
Dows Boat & Bait Shop is open 7 days a week at 6:30 AM thru the month of March, with bait & tackle, and boat rentals starting sometime early April.
More About Dows Boat Rental & Bait Shop:
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong 07849, NJ
Phone: (973) 663 3826
Facebook: Find us on Facebook
Dows Boat & Bait Shop is open 7 days with boat rentals, bait, and tackle. Not comfortable with driving your own boat or would like some hands-on experience. Or a single Mom wanting to get her kids out of the house to learn to fish, call Aaron of Lake Hopatcong Guide Service (856) 577-0653 to set something up. Have a great week!
More About Lake Hopatcong Guide Service:
Address: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Phone: Aaron at (856) 577-0653
Facebook: Find Us On Facebook
Comments powered by CComment