The following is the weekly report for fishing for Lake Hopatcong as provided by Dows Boat & Bait Shop and Aaron Graybill from Lake Hopatcong Guide Service.
Knee Deep Club 75th Anniversary Boat Parade
All are welcome to participate in the Knee Deep Club boat parade to celebrate their 75th anniversary on July 31 at 1 PM. the Knee Deep Club’s 75th Anniversary with a boat parade. The Knee Deep Club is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving and promoting the natural resources of Lake Hopatcong.
The Parade on Saturday July 31, 2021 starts at 1:PM from Hopatcong State Park ending at River Styx Bridge. Please join us.
Shirts, hats, decals, mugs, and boat flags will be available to purchase at Dows Boat Rental for the parade.
Next Fishing Contest:
The Knee Deep Club’s next contest is for Catfish, to be held on August 7th & 8th.
The Knee Deep Club will hold its annual Lake Hopatcong Catfish Contest on the weekend of August 7 and 8, 2021. The contest will begin at 6:00 PM on Saturday, August 7, 2021, and conclude at Noon on Sunday, August 8, 2021.
The entry fee for club members is $20.00 and non-members $25.00 ($20.00 entry + $5.00 non-member fee). No one will be allowed to enter after 7:00 PM on Saturday, August 7, 2021. Please see the official entry form for complete contest details. Entry forms are available at: Dows Boat Rental – Nolan’s Point, Lake’s End Marina – Landing, or online at the Knee Deep Club website. For additional information call 973-663-3826.
Speaking of the Catfish… Catfish are starting to hit with the warmer temps.
- Junior member Max Hughes had some nice Bass this past week. His largemouth hit the scales at 4 lb. 1oz, along with a Smallmouth weighing 3 lb. 10 oz.
- Richard Hilton also had a nice largemouth weighing 4 lb. 6 oz, casting some rubber worms along Nolans Point
- Lou Marcucci had a smallmouth bass weighing 3 lb. 3 oz caught on herring.
- Junior member River Graybill, while fishing with his mom and dad Aaron helped to land a 9 lb. 9 oz Hybrid Striped bass.
- Jim Welsh had an 8 lb. 3 oz Hybrid, also caught on herring.
- Other hybrids caught this week also were in the 7 - 8 pound range, being caught on herring or Rapala jigs in deeper water.
- Several pickerel up to 4 1/2 pounds and some walleye have managed to be caught also.
- Jerry Freeman while trolling worm harnesses managed a 7 lb. 6 oz walleye for his efforts.
Some nice crappies have also made their way to the scale. Have a great week ...
More About Dows Boat Rental & Bait Shop:
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong 07849, NJ
Phone: (973) 663 3826
Facebook: Find us on Facebook
Dows Boat & Bait Shop is open 7 days with boat rentals, bait, and tackle. Not comfortable with driving your own boat or would like some hands-on experience. Or a single Mom wanting to get her kids out of the house to learn to fish, call Aaron of Lake Hopatcong Guide Service (856) 577-0653 to set something up. Have a great week!
More About Lake Hopatcong Guide Service:
Address: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Phone: Aaron at (856) 577-0653
Facebook: Find Us On Facebook
Never miss News & Events: Submit News, Tips and Events: email@example.com
Comments powered by CComment