The following is the weekly report for fishing for Lake Hopatcong as provided by Dows Boat & Bait Shop and Aaron Graybill from Lake Hopatcong Guide Service. Additionally, we have the Knee Deep Club weekend fishing results to report.
Weekly Fishing Report:
- Hybrid Striped Bass are starting to hit, with some fish still shallow and others out in deeper water.
- Pete Pelligrino is catching carp up to 18 pounds on dough balls fishing in the Woodport section of the lake.
- The walleye bite was outstanding this week and are being caught consistently during the day and night.
- Daytime efforts should focus on deeper water fishing off the bottom. The night-bite will be shallower and stickbaits are the way to go.
- The larger walleye caught by Lake Hopatcong Guide Service this week were all mostly out of deep water.
- A 9 lb 13 oz fish, along with some smaller stripers, were caught by Jake Bozik, fishing with herring in deeper water off the Main Lake.
- Jim Welsh landed his 10 lb 1 oz Hybrid in shallower water, also caught on a herring.
- Some giant yellow perch were also landed while fishing in the deeper water. Crappie fishing continues, using fatheads and small rubber jigs. Jim Macaluso’s crappie hit the scale at exactly 2 pounds.
Fishing Contest Results: KDC Panfish Challenge (Sunday May 2, 2021)
1st Place Jake Bozik Wharton 10 points $176
- 10 oz. yellow perch (1st)
- 10 oz. sunfish (1st)
2nd Place Ed Mackin Sr Boonton 9 Points $106
- 8 oz. sunfish (2nd)
- 1 lb. 2 oz. crappie (2nd)
- 5 oz. white perch (2nd)
3rd Place Tom Crouch Hardwick 7 Points $70
- 11 oz. rock bass (1st)
- 1 lb. 2 oz. crappie (3rd)
- Austin Robillard Boonton Rod and Reel
- 9 oz. yellow perch (1st)
- 1 lb. 1 oz. crappie (1st)
|These weekly updates for fishing on Lake Hopatcong are in addition to the very comprehensive Spring Guide provided by Aaron Graybill that contains detailed information and strategies for the best fishing possible.|
More About Dows Boat Rental & Bait Shop:
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong 07849, NJ
Phone: (973) 663 3826
Facebook: Find us on Facebook
Dows Boat & Bait Shop is open 7 days with boat rentals, bait, and tackle. Not comfortable with driving your own boat or would like some hands-on experience. Or a single Mom wanting to get her kids out of the house to learn to fish, call Aaron of Lake Hopatcong Guide Service (856) 577-0653 to set something up. Have a great week!
More About Lake Hopatcong Guide Service:
Address: Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Phone: Aaron at (856) 577-0653
Facebook: Find Us On Facebook
Comments powered by CComment