The following Lake Hopatcong Fishing Report came in from Dow’s Boat Rental on (10/04/2020), stating the winners of the Knee Deep Club 2020 Fall Walleye Weekend, and that Lake Hopatcong is showing robust fishing results this year.
Knee Deep Club 2020 Fall Walleye Contest:
The Knee Deep Club held their last contest for 2020 this past weekend for walleye with 22 entries.
- First place went to Bob Smith with a 5 lb. 4 oz walleye winning $178.
- Second place went to John Moran with a 4 lb. 9 oz, winning $107,
- Third went to Lou Marcucci with his 3 lb. 7 oz walleye, taking home $ 80.
- Gift certificate winners included Jack Dziduch with his walleye weighing 3 lb. 1 oz, Bob Smith Jr with a 2 lb. 3 oz fish and Roger Cole with a 2 lb. 1 oz. fish.
- Jr member Mateusz Dziduch won the rod & reel combo with his walleye. Knee Deeps next contest won’t be until January when hopefully there will be plenty of ice. Keep your fingers crossed …
Other Fishing Details:
- Hybrid Striped Bass continue to hit the liver & Crappie are being caught on smaller herring or small rubber jigs and yellow perch are starting to hit also.
- Jigging with ice rapalas has just started for walleye and Hybrids and should continue thru November.
Dow's Boat Rental
We are well stocked with of the above them, so stop by to check them out. They may be a little pricey but they do work well. We are open with boat rentals thru the end of October and will continue with just bait & tackle with shortened hours into December so please call ahead. Please stay safe & well
We are a small, family owned boat rental, bait and tackle shop located on Lake Hopatcong since 1971.
We rent a 14 ft fiberglass rowboat, either with or without a motor, sell live bait and tackle and issue NJ State fishing and hunting licenses.
- Small boat & motor rentals, bait, tackle & NJ State Hunting & Fishing licenses
Our hours for the summer are 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM. We are also set up with Fish & Wildlife’s new licensing system & it is up and running.
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7:00 PM
Phone: (973) 663-3826
Comments powered by CComment