The Lake Hopatcong Foundation has three ways to increase your fun during the Block Party with the Passport Adventure, Children’s Scavenger Hunt and the 50/50 Raffle.
The 5th Annual Lake Hopatcong Block Party, scheduled for Saturday, May 12, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at Hopatcong State Park, is an annual tradition that brings local community groups, businesses, organizations and food vendors for a day that kicks off the summer season and celebrates all facets of Lake Hopatcong life.
Hosted by the Lake Hopatcong Foundation, the Block Party brings scores of visitors together with businesses, non-profit organizations, craft vendors, community groups and food merchants. Guests will also be entertained with live music, boat and mini-train rides, on-the-water demonstrations and a children’s area. For more information visit lakehopatcongfoundation.org/blockparty2018.
Below are three great ways to add some fun and excitement to a day at the Lake Hopatcong Block Party:
#1: Passport Adventure (one passport per household)
New this year, the Passport Adventure encourages guests to explore the Block Party. Visit participating sponsors, get the required stamps and submit the passport to be entered in a drawing for a treasure chest of prizes!
Passports will be available at the Passport Adventure tent (while supplies last), located in front of the pavilion, right of the information tent. Each participating sponsor will have the Passport Adventure icon attached to their booth. Once the required stamps are collected, passports must be submitted back at the Passport Adventure tent to be entered into the drawing. Winners need not be present, contact information must be provided.
Prizes will include:
- Purified/Remineralized Drinking Water System (Reverse Osmosis), courtesy of Culligan – retail value $799
- All in one Dell Computer, wireless mouse/keyboard, courtesy of the Lake Hopatcong Foundation – retail value $600
- Frog Falls Family Membership, courtesy of Picatinny MWR – retail value $485
- Pontoon Boat Rental at Greenwood Lake, ½ day, courtesy of Sportsman’s Marina – retail value $300
- 2 Months Unlimited Yoga, courtesy of Kula Yoga and Wellness – retail value $360
- Full day Pontoon Boat Rental (weekday), courtesy of Defeo’s Marina – retail value $400
- Kid’s Birthday Party, courtesy of Circle Bowl and Entertainment – retail value $229
- Cooler Basket filled with goodies, courtesy MarineMax – retail value $200
- Table top propane/gas heater, courtesy Combined Energy – retail value $200
- Residential Exterior Application for General Pests, courtesy Accurate Pest Control – retail value $155
- Live the Lake NJ gift basket, courtesy of Live the Lake NJ – retail value $150
- Airport or Cruise Port Transfer Gift Certificate Value, courtesy Minuteman II Limousine and Car Service - retail value $100
#2: Children’s Scavenger Hunt (12 years and younger)
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation’s Lake Life Kid’s Scavenger Hunt is back again this year...and better than ever! The hunt is a great way to have some extra family fun while wandering the block party and exploring the state park.
Scavenger Hunt cards will be available at the Scavenger Hunt tent in the Kid Zone (Zone BK) while supplies last. The Hunt will include hands on activities, fun giveaways and lots of learning opportunities about life at Lake Hopatcong! Cards will need to be punched at multiple stops. Completed cards can be returned to the Scavenger Hunt tent for a free ice cream coupon from Jefferson Dairy (while supplies last, cannot be used during the Block Party).
#3: 50/50 Raffle
50/50 raffle tickets will be available at 3 locations in zones A, B and BBC. Tents will be clearly marked with banners. Tickets will be $10.00 for 10 and $20.00 for 30. Two drawings will be pulled, the first at 1:00pm (red tickets) and the second at 4:45pm (blue tickets). Winners need not be present, contact information must be provided. Past winners have taken home $600 to $1,600!
Date: Saturday, May 12 – rain or shine!
Time: 10 am to 5 pm
Location: Hopatcong State Park (260 Lakeside Blvd, Landing, NJ 07850)
Parking Information: Click for Parking Information
Vendor List: Click for Listing of Vendors
Foods Offered: Click for Listing of Food Vendors
Comments powered by CComment