LHF: Donna Macalle-Holly - For our second guided paddle of 2021, in cooperation with NJ Paddle, we invite you to join in the fun of a guided paddle with Mount Arlington Mayor Michael Stanzilis!
This group paddle will take place on Saturday, September 18, starting at 10 am on Lake Hopatcong. Bring your own kayak or canoe and join Mount Arlington Mayor Michael Stanzilis, LHF Grants and Program Director Donna Macalle-Holly, and avid paddler and photographer Jeremy Travers as they lead you on a paddle along the east shore in Mount Arlington Borough to Jefferson Township and along the west shore in Hopatcong Borough.
Along the way, Jeremy will share his knowledge of wildlife and birds, Donna will discuss lake history and lake ecology and Mayor Stanzilis will share some anecdotes about the Borough of Mount Arlington.
More details on meeting time and place will be shared after registration.
We hope you can join us for this group paddle as we explore and learn about New Jersey’s largest lake!
- Saturday, September 18, starting at 10 am.
- Space is limited. Registration is required.
- Bring your own kayak or canoe.
- PFD must be worn.
- A port-a-john is available at the launch site.
- The launch site is a sandy beach.
- Paddlers should be able to get in and out of their kayaks/canoes without assistance or have another paddler with you to provide assistance.
- More details on meeting time and place will be shared after registration.
Cost: $25 donation/per person
Duration: 2.5 hours
Comments powered by CComment