This important event is happening on Kindness for Christopher Day (May 24), which helps celebrate the monthly Kindness for Christopher day of each month with a Blood Drive.
Do you want to volunteer yourself to a good cause this summer? Make your appointment for the American Red Cross Blood Drive on Kindness for Christopher Day on May 24th right here at our Mount Arlington, New Jersey hotel.
Location: Courtyard Rockaway-Mt Arlington
Date: May 24, 2017
Time: 200 PM to 7:00 PM
Please call 1-800-REDCROSS or visit redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor keyword: Kindness for Christopher. Your donation could save a life! #kindnessforchristopher #donateblood #savealife
Facts about blood needs
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S. About 1,000 babies are born with the disease each year. Sickle cell patients can require frequent blood transfusions throughout their lives.
- According to the American Cancer Society, more than 1.69 million people are expected to be diagnosed with cancer in 2017. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment.
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood.
For more information about national blood collection and utilization trends, visit the AABB website. AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions involved in the field of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies.
Comments powered by CComment