Mount Arlington is seeking your participation for a Community Cleanup on Saturday April 22nd - EARTH DAY at 10:00 AM for about 1 hour.
What Is a Youth Community Cleanup?
A youth community cleanup brings youth together to clean up recreational areas that have been neglected, littered, or misused. Cleanup areas can involve all kind of public spaces, such as parks, paths, beach, sidewalks, playing fields, and even parking lots, to name just a few.
What are the benefits of a Community Cleanup?
- We all live and play in our community, keeping our recreational |area; clean and safe will:
- Allow for cleaner areas to play.
- May reduce crime or fear of crime m your community.
- Educates and informs our youth (the same youth; who cleanup are least likely to litter and will lead by example).
- Is cost effective.
- Has a lasting impact on the community.
- Attracts support and resources through grants such as New Jersey Clean Community and Sustainable Jersey assisting in a community wide effort to keep Mount Arlington clean and safe.
- Fosters a sense of community.
Summary of past MABORC & MAGIC Mount Arlington Youth Cleanup Events.
Throughout the course of the last 4 years there have been 14 cleanup days all consisting of about an hour spent cleaning at each location. We were happy to see when we went back to some of these locations the j second time, that it was almost too clean, which is right where we would like our community to be! We are so proud of these youth volunteers I and would like to share their efforts in making our community a cleaner place to live and play, and ask that you join us in 2017!
How can I help?
All volunteers ages 6-and up are welcome to come and pick up trash at our recreational areas. This will be planned for the spring. Depending ion the amount of volunteers cleanup should take approximately 1-2 hours depending on how many people come. Parent supervision is required; group will be led by an adult volunteer. Garbage bags and gloves will be provided. Children will not be required to pick up items i deemed unsafe (broken glass, rusty items, etc)
Trash collected will be picked up by the Mount Arlington I Department of Public Works and disposed of or recycled properly.
Soccer Field, Softball Field, dugout, batting cage, path, playground, concessions area, parking lots, basketball court and surrounding grassy areas.
Meeting Location: Fireman's Field Concession Stand
1 Altenbrand Ave
No Registration Required
Just show up. Rain or Shine.
PLEASE WEAR BRIGHT COLORED SHIRTS!
Comments powered by CComment