Since State, County and City Clerks serve as the central hub in which all businesses pass in one way or another, Morris County Clerk Ann Grossi takes this time to give you the real scoop on what’s open and how to perform the function.
The Morris County Clerk’s Office, for health and safety reasons during the COVID-19 crisis, has made major adjustments to the services it offers. But County Clerk Ann Grossi wants to ensure residents that all essential functions of her office are still being fully handled.
“The Morris County Clerk’s Office understands the balance it must achieve between maintaining essential functions, including its role in supporting the economic stability of the region, and designing a plan compliant with guidelines to slow the spread of the COVID 19,” said Grossi.
As the need arises, she added, updates will be posted at on the County Clerk’s website the Morris County Clerk’ s Office continues to be closed to the public as follows:
REGISTRY DEPARTMENT: (Open / Workaround)
It is recommended that all documents to be filed and recorded be submitted by mail or by utilizing the Clerk’ s automated e-filing system. To participate in e-filing, contact one of the e-filing (electronic) vendors below:
- Simplifile at 1-801-223-1052 or www.simplifile.com CSC at l -435-374-0139/0150/0141 or www.cscglobal.com. ERX at 1-214-887-7461 or email email@example.com
All documents will be processed upon receipt. For more information, please call the Recording Department at (973) 285-6130.
DROP-OFF BOX: (Open)
- A drop-off box is now available in the lobby of the Records and Administration Building, 10 Court Street, 1st Floor, Morristown, N.J. 07960.
RECORDS/VAULT DEPARTMENT: (Open / Workaround)
- The Records/Vault Department remains closed to the general public. Business users and residents, however, may access all documents online dating back to 1969. If you need a certified copy or require assistance, please email or phone 973-285-6747.
ELECTION DEPARTMENT: (Open / Workaround)
- The Election Department remains closed to the public. We strongly urge all residents to Vote-by Mail to avoid unnecessary exposure to COVID-19. Mail applications and other documents and information can be accessed online. If you need assistance, please call the Election Department at (973) 285-6066.
NOTARY DEPARTMENT: (Suspended)
- The Notary Department remains closed to the public and services have been suspended until further notice. New notary applications are available online . For additional details or updates, please call 973- 285-6122.
PASSPORT DEPARTMENT: (Suspended)
- Passport services have been suspended. For further information, please call the Passport Department at 973-285-6161.
WEDDING SERVICES: (Suspended)
- Wedding ceremonies performed by the County Clerk remain suspended until further notice. For additional information, please call 973-285-6120.
ADULT ID CARDS, VETERAN ID CARDS AND GOLD STAR ID CARDS: (Suspended)
- Issuing of all ID cards are suspended until further notice.
OUTREACH, ON THE ROAD AND SPECIAL EVENT PROGRAMS: (Suspended)
- All programs are suspended until further notice. been temporarily suspended.
Comments powered by CComment