ROXBURY, NJ (March 20, 2020) – The COVID-19 school closures in Roxbury Township hasn’t stopped the dedicated staff members from making sure our students are safe and fed. As part of the approved plan during this shutdown, Roxbury created a ‘Meals on Wheels’ program to deliver breakfast and lunch to district families on free and reduced lunch.
Maschio’s Food Services, Roxbury’s food service provider, is making more than 400 meals daily at their hub in Chester, NJ before delivering them to the Roxbury kitchens.
Roxbury’s Buildings & Grounds staff in conjunction with Maschio’s organizes and sorts the meals daily for delivery. Once sorted, the B&G crew loads up the crates of food onto district school buses to be delivered by the Roxbury Transportation Department. They were even having a little fun with it on Friday morning with Groundskeeper Joe Pinto dressing up as Santa. Over the course of a few hours, all of the meals are distributed and the buses are back to the depot.
We can’t thank them all enough for their hard work and dedication in making sure our students who need breakfast and lunch are receiving it!
PHOTO ATTACHED (courtesy of Roxbury Schools)
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 1 – B&G Bill Poisserouz and Joe Pinto preparing to load buses
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 2 – Buses prepare to roll out to make food deliveries
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 3 – Buses prepare to get loaded up with food deliveries
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 4 – B&G Steve Izzo loads up buses for food deliveries
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 5 – B&G Bill Poisserouz and Joe Pinto load meals on bus
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 6 – B&G Bill Poisserouz and Joe Pinto load meals on bus
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 7 – B&G Crew helping to sort meals in Roxbury Kitchen
· Roxbury Meals on Wheels 8 – (L to R) B&G Crew Christopher Banes, Steve Moskowitz, Vincent Danza (Bus Driver), Joe Pinto, and Steve Izzo (not pictured Bill Poisserouz)
Comments powered by CComment