Jefferson Elementary School Guidance Counselor Ashley Cicchino has been nominated for the 2018/2019 national LifeChanger of the Year award.
Cicchino was recognized as a LifeChanger for her involvement in the school and district community. Cicchino has facilitated and participated in numerous programs, including the district’s first crisis team, book clubs for students and parents, and the school safety and climate team. She also wrote her district’s social emotional learning curriculum.
Cicchino was nominated by her colleague Patti Klein a preschool teacher in the school.
“Mrs. Cicchino goes above and beyond in everything she does,” Klein said.
Principal Melissa Cosgrove shared her sentiment stating, “Mrs. Cicchino has a dynamic personality that has rippled through the school and spreads positivity, kindness, and inclusiveness. She works with many students on promoting ROCKS (Respect Others, self, environment, by being Courteous, Kind, and Safe). Students at Jefferson are known for spreading Koala Kindness and demonstrate a commitment to bettering their community.”
Adding, “Mrs. Cicchino is their cheerleader and encourages the children to always be their best self! She is also a tremendous resource for teachers, colleagues, and the community. Parents reach out for recommendations and guidance. Staff members seek out her expertise and flourish under her willingness to collaborate and work with them side by side on challenges in the classroom. Mrs. Cicchino has already been identified as a Life Changer here at Jefferson School and we appreciate her every day!”
‘LifeChanger of the Year’ is sponsored by the National Life Group Foundation, LifeChanger of the Year recognizes and rewards the very best K-12 educators and school district employees across the United States who are making a difference in the lives of students by exemplifying excellence, positive influence and leadership.
Each school year, LifeChanger of the Year receives hundreds of nominations from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Seventeen individual LifeChanger of the Year awards will be given during the 2018/2019 school year.
- (1) Grand Prize Winner – will receive $10,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (4) Grand Prize Finalists – will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (10) LifeChanger Award Winners – will receive $3,000 to be shared with their school/district.
- (1) Spirit Award Winner – This award is given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for their nomination. The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school/district. Here’s where you can help! Community members are encouraged to leave a comment at https://goo.gl/7DsYbV to help promote Mrs. Cicchino!
- (1) Spotlight Award Winner – This award is given to a nominee in a specific discipline each year. For 2018/2019, the Spotlight Award will be given to a nominee who works in a counseling role (e.g, guidance counselor, social worker). The winner will receive $5,000 to be shared with their school or district.
Winners are announced via surprise award ceremonies held at their schools. The grand prize finalists will also be honored at a national awards ceremony in April 2019 in Hawaii, where the Grand Prize Winner will be revealed.
Winners are chosen by a selection committee comprised of former winners and education professionals. Nominees must be K-12 teachers or school district employees. To be considered for an award, nominees must:
* Make a positive impact in the lives of students
* Enhance their school or district’s atmosphere, culture and pride
* Demonstrate exemplary leadership at the school and/or district level
* Possess a proven record of professional excellence
* Show commitment to building a nurturing environment that supports learning; and
* Adhere to the highest moral and ethical standards
A resource page with ideas for how to celebrate nominees can be found at http://lifechangeroftheyear.com/showspirit/.
To view Mrs. Cicchino’s LifeChanger of the Year nominee profile, or to nominate someone from your school community, visit www.LifeChangeroftheYear.com.
PHOTO ABOVE (courtesy of Roxbury Schools)
* Ashley Cicchino handing out Bucket-Filler Award to Sarthak Chandesh last year
Comments powered by CComment