The Roxbury Community School, part of the Roxbury Township Public Schools, announces 2018/2019 programs and trips for little kids, big kids, and adults too! Consider which ones you wish to be a part of!
Upcoming Adult Programs
Our adult programs are open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents!
- Aerobics with Annette Buzzelli – Register now for fall, winter, and spring Aerobic Dancing with Annette Buzzelli, a certified Sorenson Instructor at the Kennedy School gym from 7-8 p.m. Join this exhilarating fitness program for a compete body workout that is effective and fun! Registration is required. Cost is $99 per session. Register now at www.roxbury.org/Aerobics.
- ed2go Online Courses with the Roxbury Community School – Roxbury Community School is proud to partner with ed2go, the industry leader in online learning for adults. With over 300 great online classes to choose from, ed2go offers something for everyone with the highest-quality online continuing education courses that are affordable and easy to use. With hundreds of great online courses, from Creating Web Pages to Accounting Fundamentals, Speed Spanish to Grant Writing, and everything in between, it is easy to see why millions of lifelong learners take ed2go online courses. To view subject categories and to register for popular courses, visit www.roxbury.org/OnlineLearning.
- Getting Paid to Talk Workshop – Ever been told you have a great voice? From audio books and cartoons to documentaries, commercials, and more, this workshop will introduce you to the growing field of voice over. This two and half hour workshop from 6:30-9:00 p.m. at Roxbury High School is designed as an upbeat and realistic assessment of the voice over industry including areas of growth, unique opportunities, common pitfalls, and mistakes. Register now for the upcoming workshop at www.roxbury.org/VoiceCoaches. Cost is $15 per person and registration is required for all upcoming sessions.
- Trinity Martial Arts & Krav Maga holds Fall Self-Defense Workshop – Are you serious about self-protection? Is your family vulnerable to physical assault? Come learn Krav Maga, the Israeli self-defense system, proven in combat in the Middle East. The student will learn the easiest skills to defend themselves under all circumstances that will work in stressful situations. This 4-week program that begins Fridays starting October 5th from 7-8 p.m. is not a physical fitness course. Regardless of your physical fitness capacity, gender or age, you’ll come away with not only increased confidence, but with actual skills that work in emergency situations. Teens welcomed with parent. Tuition is $49 per person. Register now at www.roxbury.org/Self-Defense.
- Yoga for Beginners – Join this beginner class that introduces you to the fundamental principles of alignment and breath work in a flow of postures linked together by the breath. Participants will be introduced to yoga postures through step-by-step verbal description and demonstration. If you have never tried yoga, this is the class for you! It is designed to meet the needs of those new to yoga as well as those seeking continued understanding of basic yoga poses. This course is ideal for teens and adults. The 2018/2019 Yoga for Beginners schedule meets Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Franklin School. For more information and to registration, visit www.roxbury.org/Yoga. Registration is required. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents.
All adult programs can be found at www.roxbury.org/AdultPrograms.
Upcoming College Prep Programs
Our college prep programs are open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents!
- Catalyst ACT/SAT Prep – Roxbury High School students register now for upcoming spring SAT and ACT bootcamps with Catalyst for $195 per student or looking for something more in depth, then check out their winter Combo SAT/ACT Course Sequence for $699 per student. The upcoming sessions are now accepting registrations, so don’t miss out! Visit www.roxbury.org/Catalyst for upcoming dates!
- CATES SAT Foundation – Roxbury High School students register now for the upcoming fall CATES SAT Foundation course for $700 per student. The Foundation class reviews test structure and introductory CATES Core skills, then dives into the details that turns good scores into great ones! Students will develop increasing mastery over questions, content, test-specific strategies, and the "soft" skills, such as confidence, endurance, and thought organization, needed to achieve top scores. Classes of 12 students or fewer are guided by a CATES tutor who provides individualized feedback to each student to address specific needs and strategy. Students receive more than 27 hours of preparation, including 8 two-hour classes and 3 full-length mock tests. For full details and to register, visit www.roxbury.org/CATES.
- College Essay Writing Lessons 1-on-1 with Mrs. Rispoli – Is your sophomore, junior, or senior looking for one-on-one instruction to sharpen their writing skills and prepare for the college essay process? Well, here’s your chance! Register now to meet for one-hour sessions with Roxbury High School English faculty member, Mrs. Maria Rispoli. Lessons are by appointment only and determined between the family and instructor. Lessons are $70 per hour. Sign up now at www.roxbury.org/CollegeEssay.
- Kaplan SAT Prep – Roxbury High School students register now for the SAT and ACT prep classes with Kaplan SAT Prep for $699 per student. The upcoming sessions are now accepting registrations, so don’t miss out! Visit www.roxbury.org/Kaplan for upcoming dates!
- Lentz & Lentz SAT Prep Classes – Roxbury High School students register now for the PSAT/SAT Prep classes with Lentz & Lentz SAT Prep for $440 per student. The fall and spring sessions are now accepting registrations. For full program details, visit www.roxbury.org/Lentz.
- My 3 Sons Family Tutor for SAT/ACT -- Roxbury Community School is offering a comprehensive and combined SAT and ACT tutoring program throughout 2018/2019 that addresses BOTH the SAT and the ACT entrance exams, at a cost lower than most single preparation courses. My 3 Sons Family Tutoring has helped MANY students in Roxbury and in other towns to optimize their scores on both tests, gain entry into top-level universities and, in many cases, earn scholarship funding. This My 3 Sons course will help seniors prepare for as many as six admissions tests before college applications are due. It can help juniors get a major leg up on the college application process, and help sophomores start preparations for junior year PSATs, SATs, and ACTs. Register now at www.roxbury.org/My3Sons.
All college prep programs can be found at www.roxbury.org/CollegePrep.
Upcoming Kids Programs
The after-school programs (ASP) are only open to Roxbury students and must be registered in the school in which they attend. Evening programs though are open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents.
- Colorguard for Grades 5-9 – Register now for the 2018/2019 Colorguard program through the Roxbury Community School. This year-long program will focus on learning 2-3 minute competitive colorguard routines using rifles and flags. Students will learn basic and intermediate colorguard skills that will be showcased at dance competitions in the spring. No previous experience is necessary but a strong dance background is encouraged. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. Tuition cost is $300 per student. For more information and to register, visit www.roxbury.org/Colorguard.
- Engineering for Kids for Grades PreK-5 – Register now for fall, winter, and spring Engineering for Kids programs through the Roxbury Community School. Kids grouped in PreK-2 and Grades 3-5 are introduced to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Education through these programs. The fall 8-week program begins September 27th and the tuition cost is $194 per student. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. For more information and to register now, visit www.roxbury.org/EfK.
- ASP Hip Hop Dance for Grades K-3 – For all your little movers and shakers, we offer Hip Hop Dance classes at the elementary level where children learn high energy dances driven by a beat. This eclectic street style of dance teaches dynamic moves that are fast, stylish, funky and similar to those seen in music videos. Students will work on their strength, flexibility, and musicality through intricate fun and fast paced funky choreography which provides a great cardio workout and a fun way to exrercise their mind and memory! Cost is $75 per student. For more information and to register now, visit www.roxbury.org/HipHop.
- Fall Kiddie Soccer for Ages 3.5-6 – Register for the season 8-week fall Kiddie Soccer for ages 3.5 to 6 years old. The program teaches a series of fun, thematic games designed to teach the children the very basics of soccer. Fall sessions meet on Sundays starting September 16th at Lincoln/Roosevelt Field. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. Tuition starts at $135 per child. Visit www.roxbury.org/KiddieSoccer for more information and to register!
- ASP Kidz Kraftz for Grades K-4 – Register your elementary student for Kidz Kraftz classes through the Roxbury Community School. Our Kidz Kraftz classes will start out teaching about the elements of the craft. Specifically, this fall, we will focus on copper, so we will talk about what makes copper and any other materials that are used in the craft for that specific week. The students will then make the craft. Some examples of this semester's crafts include copper slime, a copper leaf mobile, and an enameled copper penny necklace to name a few. We can adapt the classes to any student's skill level. Students gain confidence and a sense of accomplishment through their projects. Tuition is $180 per child for Fall Session 1 classes. Visit www.roxbury.org/KidzKraftz to check out their 2018/2019 after school program line up!
- Kidz Kraftz in the Evenings for Grades K-4 – Register your elementary student for Kidz Kraftz classes through the Roxbury Community School. Our Kidz Kraftz classes will start out teaching about the elements of the craft. Students gain confidence and a sense of accomplishment through their projects. Tuition is $180 per child for Fall Session 1 classes. Visit www.roxbury.org/KidzKraftz to check out their 2018/2019 evening program line up!
- ASP Kujenga and Robotics After-School for Grades 1-6 – Register your elementary student for Kujenga robotics and coding classes through the Roxbury Community School. Kujenga is an educational entity designed to bring robotics, coding, engineering and science skills to all students in order to prepare them for the technology-driven future. Kujenga is here to open a world of imagination and creativity for your child while they learn design and engineering principles as well as science, math, and coding. Tuition is $80 per child for this 6-week program. Visit www.roxbury.org/Kujenga to check out their fall after school programs!
- ASP Mad Science After-School for Grades 1-6 – Registrations are now being accepted for fall Mad Science after-school programs at the five elementary schools in district. Join their hands-on, one-hour science programs that are themed around a particular area of science. This fall Grades 1-4 will see if they are smarter than a mad scientist and Lincoln/Roosevelt students will learn Brixology which sets the found for the next generation of engineers! Cost is $95 per student. Classes start the end of September, so don’t wait! Register now at www.roxbury.org/MadScience.
- NJEA Conference Camp for Ages 5-10 – Looking for more Mad Science and something to do over the NJEA Break? Then look no further! Register your child now for the NJEA Conference Camp for NASA Academy and Future Space Explorers! Participants will get ready to touch, see, hear, smell, and taste what space is all about! Tuition cost is $95 per student for this two-day camp at Roxbury High School. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury Residents. Find out more and to register at www.roxbury.org/MadScience.
- Rhythm Kids for Ages 4-8 – Rhythm KidsTM is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class where children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives. Your child will sing, dance, move, drum, and play to songs and beasts from around the world. Rhythm KidsTM Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4-6) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm KidsTM Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through Second Grade (ages 5-8). CDs, songbook, and digital download of music are included. This program is open to Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. Tuition cost is $180 per student per session and includes the cost for instruction, small djembe drum, and materials. This 9-Week program begins the end of September! For more information and to register, visit www.roxbury.org/RhythmKids.
- STEMRox FTC for Grades 7-12 – Roxbury Community School is excited to announce our inaugural STEMROX FTC Robotics Team! Over the course of the next 3 months, selected students in grades 7-12 will put into practice Engineering, Innovation, Mechanical, and Computer Science skills in order to compete in this year's First Tech Challenge Robotics Competition. Starting October 1st, the Team will meet every Monday and Wednesday night through our final competition, which most likely will be the beginning of February. That means students will have the opportunity for roughly 30 meetings as well as be entered into three (3) competitions. Tuition is $500 per student and is open to Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. For more information and to register, please visit www.roxbury.org/STEMRoxFTC.
- ASP STEMRox Tech Club for Grades 5-6 - Learn about the science and engineering of rockets in this hands-on Tech Club experience. Build and launch a Skill Level 2 Rocket: The Hyper Bat! This rocket will reach heights over 1000 feet! Spots are limited and the program fills up quick, so don’t wait to register! Fall session 1 begins Wednesdays, September 26th. Tuition is $60 per student for Fall Session 1.
- Sun Do Kwan - Tae Kwon Do – Enjoy a special tuition rate through the Roxbury Community
School! Join SunDoKwan to learn Tae Kwon Do taught by traditional certified Tae Kwon Do masters. Groups are separated by age and experience. The minimum age to participate is 4 years old. Register through the Roxbury Community School by paying the $15 registration fee, then print and take your receipt to SunDoKwan to take advantage of the special rate! Many start dates and time available for these 6-week clinics. This program is open to all Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. Register now at www.roxbury.org/sundokwan.
- ASP Yoga for Youngsters for Grades K-4 – Register your elementary student for Yoga for Youngsters classes through the Roxbury Community School. Yoga has many benefits for adults, but it's also very beneficial for kids! Today's kids deal with bullying, depression, anxiety, and so much more! Our yoga classes, taught by RTY-200 teachers, teach kids how to combat all of these issues through asana (poses) and meditation. Classes will incorporate fun exercises, games, and meditation. Tuition is $120 per child for Fall Session 1 classes. Visit www.roxbury.org/YFY to check out their 2018/2019 after school program line up!
- ASP Young Rembrandts for Grades K-6 – Register your child now for Young Rembrandts’ 6 and 8--week programs that teach the basics of drawing in a fun confidence-boosting way. Schedules are now posted for fall, winter, and spring classes so sign up now to save your child’s spot! Fall tuition for the 6-week program is $92 per student and includes the cost of materials, instruction and fun! Visit www.roxbury.org/YoungRembrandts to see your school’s program dates and to register!
- Little Hands with Young Rembrandts for PreK-Kindergarten – Fall in Love with Young Rembrandts by encouraging your child’s enthusiasm for drawing! Young Rembrandts introduces drawing lessons that will excite your budding artist. Learning to draw basic shapes is an essential building block for every artist. Our lady bug and gumball machine provide excellent practice for drawing circle shapes. From there, our lessons will become more challenging. The clown puppet and Frankenstein monster are great introductions to character drawings. Other drawings like the delicious candy bag and beautiful fall scene will strengthen your child’s compositional skills. Enroll your child into a Young Rembrandts class today. THEY WILL LOVE IT! Tuition is $92 per student and includes the cost of materials, instruction and fun! This program begins October 1st and is open to Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. For more information and to register, visit www.roxbury.org/YoungRembrandts.
All programs for school-aged children can be found at www.roxbury.org/KidsCorner!
Upcoming Community School Trips
- Radio City Christmas Spectacular Bus Trip Tickets Now on Sale! – Join a diverse group of people for the Roxbury Community School’s annual bus trip on Sunday, November 11th into New York City to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular for an affordable price of $90 each that includes the prime seating ticket and luxury transportation. What better way to ring in the holiday spirit than a visit to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular while leaving the driving into Manhattan to someone else! It’s a one-of-a-kind celebration to share with your family, friends, and loved ones! Buses will depart at 12:30 p.m. from Roxbury High School so attendees have time to enjoy a late lunch at a wide variety of area restaurants (on your own) before the show. Reserve your seats now at www.roxbury.org/Trips. This trip sells out quick, so don’t wait!
- Roxbury Community School Ski Club – The purpose of the Roxbury Community School's Ski and Snowboard Club is to provide students the opportunity to ski and/or snowboard at local mountain resorts. Students will be provided with transportation to and from the mountains. Students will be required to attend meetings, return all necessary forms, and pay a fee for transportation/chaperones. Ski packages will be purchased directly from the mountain. Students in grades 5-12 are welcome to join. Family Ski at Shawnee is also available. Register now for the 2018/2019 Ski Club Program at www.roxbury.org/ski!
Interested in running a class or workshop with the Roxbury Community School? If so, fill out a Suggest a Course form at www.roxbury.org/SuggestACourse.
Roxbury Community School Preschool 2018/2019
- RCS Preschool at Kennedy School 2018/2019 – Registrations are still being accepted for the Roxbury Community School’s Preschool Program for the 2018/2019 school year. Limited spots available. The Roxbury Community School Preschool Program is a tuition-based program open to children ages 3-5 as of October 1, 2018 who are fully potty-trained. The preschool program is housed at Kennedy Elementary School at 20 Pleasant Hill Road in Succasunna, NJ and is open to Roxbury and non-Roxbury residents. This 5-day program runs from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. with flexible extended care options available and runs con congruently with the district calendar. For more information and to register, please visit www.roxbury.org/Preschool.
Comments powered by CComment