The Lake Hopatcong Foundation that provides key educational and recreational activities within our region just posted important updates to the schedule of upcoming events.
In following the Center for Disease Control and state advisories, the following adjustments have been made to the LHF office, programs, and events.
- The LHF office and Lake Hopatcong Environmental & Cultural Center are closed to visitors indefinitely. However, our staff is still working remotely and meeting regularly online to continue our work on behalf of Lake Hopatcong and its surrounding community!
- Our winter program "Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis," scheduled for Thursday, March 19, has been postponed. We are working to reschedule this event.
- The LHF Annual Meeting, scheduled for Friday, April 3, has been postponed. We are working to reschedule this event.
- The annual LHF Adopt-A-Road Community Cleanup, scheduled for Saturday, April 25, has been postponed. We are working to reschedule this cleanup
- Our spring program, "Natives – For Your Garden, For the Planet," scheduled for Thursday, April 30, has been postponed. We are working to try to present this program online.
- The LHF Native Plant sale, scheduled for Saturday, May 2, has been postponed. We are hoping to reschedule by Memorial Day weekend or to create an online shopping experience with curbside pickup, if needed.
- The Lake Hopatcong Block Party will NOT be held on Saturday, May 9 at Hopatcong State Park. However, we are pleased to announce that we have secured a new date for a fall Lake Hopatcong Block Party to be held on Saturday, October 10. This new date falls on the same weekend as our annual Lake Loop, scheduled for Sunday, October 11, creating an exciting weekend with multiple ways to bring the community together to enjoy and support New Jersey's largest lake.
- Our spring program, "Boating and Public Safety on Lake Hopatcong," scheduled for Wednesday, May 20, has been postponed. We are working to reschedule this program.
- We are making preparations to gather with neighbors and friends at our annual LHF Gala at the Lake Hopatcong Yacht Club on July 25. However, we are researching options to postpone the date or to present a virtual gala that can be enjoyed from the comfort of home by offering auction items and experiences online, if needed.
None of these decisions are easy or made lightly, but we believe they are in the best interest of keeping our community as healthy and safe as possible. Thank you for your understanding and know that we will share more details as we have them.
Please take good care of yourselves. These are crazy times, but they are also an opportunity for us all to rise to the challenge to look out for one another. So far, we appreciate everyone’s efforts in that regard and are very much looking forward to a time (hopefully soon!) when this crisis is behind us.
Comments powered by CComment