Hopatcong Lake Regional News is pleased to continue to provide the weekly Fishing Report for the Lake Region to help inform you on what’s biting and where. Our guest author is Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop.
Weekly Update From:
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop
45 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop reports:
- Hybrid Stripers on biting on herring, when you are fishing off any of the lake points, with Sharp’s Rock and Pine Tree Point being most productive.
- We are seeing fish in the six and seven-pound range.
- Lou Marcucci was catching walleye on herring, with his largest weighing in at 7 lb. 5 oz.
- We are also seeing crappie being caught on small rubber jigs
- In addition, we are seeing catches of lots of smallmouth bass and pickerel
- Plus, some largemouth, with Dylan Dunn weighing in his largemouth bass at 4 lbs. 6 oz.
- Lastly, we see lots of panfish action in shallower water on worms and a bobber.
Next Fishing Contest:
Next contest up is for Catfish, being held on Sat. August 12th from 6 pm to noon on Sunday August 13, 2017. Make your plans now…
Comments powered by CComment