Regardless of your current state, Jefferson Recreation has a plan to get you off the sofa and into motion this winter.
The Jefferson Township Recreation Department is pleased to continue its adult Exercise Programs for the winter 2017 season and all registrations must be done online through http://www.communitypass.net
If you’ve participated in any department activities over the past three months, you already have an account in the system and just need to log in. Otherwise, you can easily create a new account by following the prompts. If you do not own a computer or have email, call the office at 973-663-8404 x4 for assistance.
- Chair Yoga program -- Students will be instructed by certified instructor Linda Mangan in this very gentle class on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7 pm in the Camp Jefferson Community Lodge, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong in 10 sessions beginning January 11 and ending on March 15 for $35 per person. Learn modified yoga postures incorporating the same principles as a full yoga class but seated in a chair focusing on breathing techniques and stress management tools such as meditation and deep relaxation. There is a class make-up date of March 22 if needed.
- Beginner Yoga Class -- Students will be instructed in one of the oldest styles of yoga -- the Hatha style by certified instructor Linda Mangan. This adult basic class teaches yoga postures, principles of safe alignment, and breathing technique is open to new beginners, those with limited yoga experience, or anyone just wanting to take it slow and steady. While doing these gentle poses, you’ll naturally increase flexibility, release tension, and build mental clarity. There will be 10 sessions on Wednesday evenings from 7:30 to 8:30 pm beginning January 11 and ending on March 15 (a class make-up date is March 22 if needed). All classes will be held in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge for $35 per person.
- Intermediate Yoga Class -- A comprehensive, balanced class with a steady and relaxed flow is also Hatha style based and taught by certified instructor Linda Mangan Explore traditional yoga postures with basic to challenging options, and emphasis on safe alignment, breath, meditation, and guided relaxation techniques. This class will run for 10 sessions on Thursday evenings from 7:30 to 8:30 pm beginning January 19 and ending on March 23 (a class make-up date is March 30 if needed) in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge at $35 per person.
- CORE Exercise Class – This high energy, low-impact adult strength training exercise program runs for a 10-week session beginning on Tuesday, January 17 from 7 to 7:45 pm continuing on consecutive Tuesdays with the last class on March 21 (there is a make-up class on March 28 if needed). Classes are in the Jefferson Township Middle School Cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Oak Ridge, and the class fee is $35. Taught by Certified Personal Trainer, Pilates Instructor, Yoga Teacher, Indoor Cycling, Golden Hearts Instructor Jill Carlson, this strength class will help you gain an understanding of flexibility, balance, coordination and not only isolated exercise but a concentration on functional exercise, which not only builds strength but makes it easier to carry out your everyday daily activities. Participants should bring a bottle of water, a challenging set of hand weights, and a mat or large towel for the floor exercises.
- Zumba -- This beginner/intermediate class will be held from 6 to 6:45 pm in the Jefferson Township Middle School cafeteria, 1000 Weldon Road, Milton/Oak Ridge, NJ in 10 sessions beginning on Thursday, January 19 and ending on March 23 for $35 per person. Taught by Certified Zumba® Fitness Instructor Yesenia Centeno, Zumba® takes the "work" out of workout, by mixing low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. The Latin and World rhythms take over – it’s exercise in disguise! Zumba® is a total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you attend a class.
There is a minimum of 15 persons per class with a maximum of 30; and all students should wear comfortable clothing and bring a bottle of water to each session.
All registrations must be done online through http://www.communitypass.net
Comments powered by CComment