This weekend the Jefferson Township Recreation Department holds two great family fun events with the Camp Jefferson’s Fall Festival that transitions into the 31st annual Halloween Haunted House.
Camp Jefferson’s Fall Festival!
Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, LH
Saturday, October 19 from 10 am to 3 pm.
Free to the public except where noted below
31st annual Halloween Haunted House
Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, LH
Saturday, October 19:
Younger Kids Matinee: 3:30 – 5:00 PM ($3.00)
Regular Show: 7:00 – 9:30 PM ($5.00)
Sunday, October 20:
Younger Kids Matinee: 3:30 – 4:30 PM ($3.00)
Regular Show: 7:00 – 9:30 PM
More Information on the Fall Festival:
Confirmed entertainment will include music by DJ Earl Heller of Sound Solutions, Wallaby Tales’ Eyes of the Wild live animal show at 11:30 am. There will also be daytime hayrides, a fall coloring activity, pumpkin decorating, pumpkin picking in the Pumpkin Patch, and a trip through the Camp Jefferson Corn Maze.
The BD&W Model Train Club display will be open to the public, and there will be a Guess the Weight of the Pumpkin Contest and a Candy Corn Contest.
The NJ Forest Fire Service with Smokey Bear and the Jefferson Township Police Department Community Services unit will be on site.
There will be a special appearance by Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!
- Daytime Hayrides, Jefferson Corn Maze
- Live music by DJ Earl Heller of Sound Solutions Entertainment (10 am to 3 pm)
- Wallaby Tales—Eyes of the Wild’s live Creepy-Crawly animal show (11:30 am)
- Jefferson Township Office of Emergency Management
- Fall Coloring Activity and Daytime Hayrides
- Two-lane Inflatable Slide and Monsters Inc. Bouncer Inflatable Activity
- Pumpkin Picking in the Camp Jefferson Pumpkin Patch/Pumpkin Decorating Activities
- Model Train Club presents a Model Train Display
- Freedom Fields Farm—petting zoo and pony rides (10 am to 2:30 pm) Wil Shaw’s Juggling Performance (10:30 am)
- Tweedies- The Balloon Lady (12 noon to 3 pm)
- Morris County School of Technology—Health Services Academy
- Night-time Haunted Hayrides (nominal fee to benefit Jefferson Twps. Teen Scene) The Camp Jefferson Com Maze
- Guess the Weight of the Pumpkin & Candy Corn Guess Contests Jefferson Highlights/Camp Jefferson Theater—Art Bonito NJ Forest Fire Service & Smokey Bear
- Jefferson Rescue Squad Jefferson Township Police Department—Community Services Division A Special Appearance by Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
... and perhaps some special surprises!
More Information on Halloween Haunted House
Jefferson Recreation proudly presents the 31st annual Halloween Haunted House. This show is “Escape from Lakeside Hospital” and promises to be spooktacular!
Following the Jefferson Township Recreation Department’s annual Fall Festival event on Saturday, October 19, Jefferson Recreation proudly presents the 31st annual Halloween Haunted House at Camp Jefferson, 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong rain or shine – with performances again on Sunday, October 20. This show is “Escape from Lakeside Hospital” and promises to be spooktacular!
Ghostly spirits will inhabit the completely transformed Community Lodge where eerie scenarios will unfold in dark and scary rooms causing you to laugh and scream your way through a diverse gathering of ghosts, ghouls, serial killers, random creatures, and things that go bump in the night! Spirits will be roaming the outside grounds as well, and DJ Earl of Sound Solutions Entertainment will be playing some bloodcurdling music for the monster mash to get the ghouls dancing. If you dare, take a haunted hay ride (a nominal fee) through the dark and mysterious woods and hold on so you don’t jump out of your skin along the road!
There will be a matinee performance (a less frightening children’s hour suggested for 5th graders and younger) from 3:30 to 5 pm on Saturday, October 19 with regular scary evening peformances from 7 to 9:30 pm. On Sunday, October 20, another less frightening children’s hour matinee will run from 3:30 to 4:30 pm with regular scary evening performances from 6 to 8 pm. MaMa’s Road Kill Café will be offering eats and refreshments at a nominal price.
Admission to the Haunted House is $3 for adults and children for the matinee “less scary” performances and $5 per adults and children for the scary evening performances. Attendees are asked to contribute non-perishable food items, paper products, toiletries, and/or cleaning products to donate to the township food pantries.
Comments powered by CComment