We are at the time of the year where we see an increase of motor vehicle burglaries and thefts. We would like to take this time to remind you to always lock your vehicles and take the keys with you.
Here are several ways to protect you from theft:
- Remember to always secure your car doors when parking your vehicle, even for just a few minutes. It takes just a matter of seconds to enter an unsecured vehicle.
- Do not leave valuables, such as money, purses, jewelry, cell phones, packages, etc. in plain view inside your vehicle. Secure them in a glove box, center console, or even better in the trunk. Thieves will search other vehicles that are easier targets if they do not see anything of value in your car.
- Park in well lighted areas at night. Outdoor motion sensing lights are a great tool.
- Keep your garage door closed and locked at night. Many burglaries to garages occur with doors left wide open. An open garage door is an invitation to a thief to take anything in sight.
- Be suspicious of anyone approaching your vehicle or roaming your neighborhood.
As always, if you see or hear anything suspicious, please call the Jefferson Township Police at 973-697-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Comments powered by CComment