The new Jefferson Fest – Food Truck Festival, Concert, and Fireworks event is replacing the traditional Jefferson Township Day that ran its course for 30 years; out with the old and in with the new and food trucks are an essential part of this fresh approach to a township wide celebration.
Saturday, July 8 will be a fresh, innovative, and exhilarating day in Jefferson Township as a fleet of food trucks roll into town and set up their colorful trucks on the fields of the Jefferson Township High School at 1010 Weldon Road, Milton/Oak Ridge, ready to serve up their delicious menus starting at 5:30 pm.
These food truck vendors will be on site starting at 5:30 pm and stay through the evening concert:
- Cheezen – gourmet specialty grilled cheese sandwiches (on sourdough, wheat or gluten free bread), wings, nachos, sliders, quesadillas, salads, sides
- Surf & Turf – lobster rolls, surf and turf rolls, steak sandwiches, shrimp tacos, burgers, vegetarian rolls and veggie burgers (all items can be done “Gluten-Free” and served on a bed of delicious sautéed citrus kale)
- Empanada Guys – chicken, pulled pork, beef, cheese, vegetable, and Mexican Chorizo empanadas (meat pies), rice and bean sides
- Jersey Johnny’s – classic Jersey wieners, Angus burgers, fries and sides, salads and hot sandwiches
- The French Quarter – Po boys, fried chicken sandwiches, fried shrimp sandwiches, muffulettas, jambalaya, Vietnamese Banh Mi
- Oink and Moo BBQ – baby back ribs, pulled pork tacos, chili, black bean quesadillas, chipotle chicken tacos, brisket or pulled pork sliders
- Maddalena’s Cheesecake – a variety of cheesecake flavors on a stick, apple crumb pie a la mode, cheesecake filled cannoli
Bring your family, bring your friends, bring a chair, come with an appetite, come early as the DJ starts at 5 pm, choose your spot on the field, enjoy the music, patronize these food truck vendors, buy a 50/50 raffle ticket, climb the 25’ rock wall, experience the musical performance of The British Invasion Years’ concert, be mesmerized by the aerial fireworks, and just have a great time.
There’s free admission and free parking including handicapped parking throughout the event. ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol, NO smoking, NO drugs, NO fireworks, NO bicycles, NO pets or animals of any kind, NO large coolers, NO backpacks, NO drones. Bring a lawn chair/blanket for your comfort.
For information, log on to www.jeffersonarts.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org, find Jefferson Arts Committee on FACEBOOK, or call 973-697-2032 or 973-697-3828.