The Camp Jefferson Summer Day Camp returns for its 14th season of fun and activities for all children ages 3 (completely potty trained by June 26) through children entering 8th grade in September; and residents as well as non-residents are always welcome.
Registration is currently under way; and as in the past, the Jefferson Township Recreation Department is offering Early Bird rates. The difference this year is that the long-awaited online registration program has become a reality, there are no longer paper registration packets to fill out for each child, and all registrations can now be done from the convenience of your home 24 hours per day, seven days per week!
This year, you have several choices to register your child online for Summer Day Camp at http://register.communitypass.net/reg/index.cfm Instructions to set up an account or how to retrieve your user name and password if you already have a Community Pass account (the Recreation Department’s online registration began in September 2016 for all programs and activities) can be found on www.jeffersontownship.net under the FORMS CENTER link or directly linked to download through the Community Pass website once you identify your community as Jefferson Township.
Sign up just for the week/weeks you want your child to attend camp with no options at this time at the EARLY BIRD rate. Choose either a 3-day week (where you choose the specific 3 days) or a 5-day week for any number of weeks you want and pay in full no later than Wednesday May 3 at 11:59pm including payment of the $30 one- time registration fee. Otherwise, on May 4th, your tuition fee for each week will increase by $30 to the regular tuition rate.
- OR sign up as noted above for the week/weeks you want at the EARLY BIRD rate and add in your options for busing, lunches, electives, sports clinics and trips knowing that your entire balance is due no later than Wednesday May 3 at 11:59pm in order to keep the discounted rate and your options intact. Otherwise, your tuition fee for each week will increase by $30 to the regular rate and your options chosen will be deleted.
- OR sign up for your week/weeks and/or additional weeks at the regular tuition rates (after Early Bird rates expire on May 3) and any options no later than Two Tuesdays Before the week you want and pay in full at the check-out via credit/debit card or drop off/mail a personal check, money order or cash for the full balance by the deadline.
Parents/guardians also have the option of several payment choices this year when they register online.
If you choose to use a credit card (MC, VISA, Discover) at check-out, every item in your Community Pass cart will be automatically tallied and the final total payment due will be charged to your credit card – there is no partial credit card payment option in the program. Your mandatory $30 one-time registration fee will be included in your payment, and there is a 2.65% bank convenience fee that will be added on to your payment.
- OR if you wish to make a partial credit card payment in addition to your $30 one-time registration fee, please choose the “SEND PAYMENT” option at check-out and then come in person to the Camp Jefferson office (81 Weldon Road) with your credit card and we can swipe your credit card through our system for the $30 registration fee plus the amount you wish to pay against your total balance due. A 2.65% bank convenience fee will be added on to your payment. Then in order to keep the Early Bird rates, you must pay the balance by May 3.
- OR if you wish to pay your $30 one-time registration fee and make a partial or total payment of your balance due with a personal check, money order or cash, please choose the “SEND PAYMENT” option at checkout and then mail or come into the Camp Jefferson office at 81 Weldon Road, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849. Please be sure your Community Pass ID # and the child/children’s name(s) are clearly marked. Again, in order to keep the Early Bird rates, you must pay the balance by May 3.
The Recreation Department strongly suggests that parents/guardians sit down with their children and use a worksheet that has been composed to review with your child the choices available online. It is available by logging on to www.jeffersontownship.net, go to the FORMS CENTER link (dark blue panel on the left) and then to RECREATION and to 2017 CAMP JEFFERSON PARENT WORKSHEET & PAYMENT INFORMATION or directly linked to download through the Community Pass website once you identify your community as Jefferson Township.
Parents who have already registered for camp have indicated that it was indeed a timesaver and very helpful in making decisions prior to going online.
For information regarding weekly Camp special activities and detailed off-site trip information, please log on to: www.jeffersontownship.net, go to the FORMS CENTER link, then to RECREATION and to CAMP JEFFERSON SUMMER DAY CAMP ONSITE ACTIVITIES and OFF-SITE TRIPS REFERENCE GUIDE or directly linked to download through the Community Pass website once you identify your community as Jefferson Township.
Contact the Camp Jefferson office at 973-663-8404 x4 or x5 with questions or if you need assistance.
Please be sure that our Community Pass email address is on your “Safe List” as all Summer Day Camp correspondence, invoices, updates, notices, etc. are generated through this email address. Check your Junk Mail folder to be sure that we’re not there as your computer may not recognize us as a viable email address.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode