The following is a brief overview of the planned agenda items for the next meeting of the Hopatcong Council.
- Lake Hopatcong Foundation
Marty Kane Chairman Board of Trustees & Donna Macalle-Holly (Acting) Executive Director will provide an overview/update of the numerous Lake Hopatcong Foundation's initiatives, engage in Q & A.
Lee Moreau will add some detail on the block party (number & type of vendors, crowd expected, support items required for success, opportunities to greet town leaders, engaging schools (volunteerism/civic duty or community service), Fire & EMS first aid stations, DEFENDER on the water demonstration, static display dive team and more (e.g. shuttle bus support, off-site parking , Police and public safety -Sussex County Explorers).
2. Lake Hopatcong Cruises – Salute to Veterans Cruise
Chelsea Cone , manager Lake Hopatcong Cruises will highlight the 2017 cruise season --especially the 1 July Salute to Veterans Cruise (s).
Captain Lee Moreau will discuss the 2016 cruise , it's success and some ideas to further improve our 2017 Miss Lotta & Lake Hopatcong Salute to Our Veterans.
- Hopatcong point of contact to identify Hopatcong 's 24 Veterans ?
- Shuttle bus service from Jefferson American Legion to boat ride & back (the more time they spend together elbow to elbow..the better day it is...a deeper sense of brotherhood).
- The CONCEPT of a post cruise BBQ --so that friends and families can be more engaged in Salute to Veterans. Will need help to survey interest, demand and helping hands.
- Rallying the Town to be "on the shore lines of Hopatcong to cheer our Vets as they cruise the lake" (90 minutes)
3. Lake Hopatcong Historical Musuem
President Marty Kane will provide an overview of the LHHM initiatives, the 2017 historical dinner program(s) , a very special weekend in September and an opportunity for high school students to participate in an archeological "dig" on the grounds of the Hopatcong State Park.
ADOPTION OF ORDINANCES / RESOLUTIONS:
- Resolution #2017- 60 - Payment of Bills: A motion is in order to adopt a resolution authorizing the payment of bills for the meeting of March 1, 2017.
- Resolution #2017-61 – Creation of Recreation Director Position: A motion is in order to adopt a resolution creating the job title “Recreation Director” in the Borough of Hopatcong.
- Resolution #2017-63 – Approval of Contract – PBA Local 149: A motion is in order to adopt a resolution approving the contract with Local 149 for 2017-2019.
HELD AT THE MUNICIPAL BUILDING, 111 RIVER STYX ROAD
HOPATCONG, NEW JERSEY
MARCH 1, 2017
OPEN PUBLIC MEETING 7:30 PM