A Week to Change Direction is a virtual, global event where we are asking you to flood social media by sharing how you are taking care of your emotional well-being by creating and maintaining Healthy Habits.
The Sussex County Mental Health Task Force encourages everyone to participate in A Week to Change Direction. A Week to Change Direction is a virtual, global event where we are asking you to flood social media by sharing how you are taking care of your emotional well-being by creating and maintaining Healthy Habits. Share what you are doing for yourself and for your loved ones, coworkers, neighbors and communities to protect and encourage everyone's emotional wellness during this terrible worldwide pandemic.
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, this will be a virtual event, and you can participate from the safety of your own home. It will take place during one week of Mental Health Awareness Month, May 18-24.
- Who? Everyone who cares about mental health and wellness
- What? A VIRTUAL and GLOBALLY coordinated event called A Week to Change Direction
- When? May 18-24
- Where? Your home and your backyard
- Why? To change the culture of mental health by encouraging everyone to stay emotionally healthy and to share the Healthy Habits of Emotional Well-being widely, especially during this time when all of us are struggling with the coronavirus pandemic
- How? Share what you plan to do for A Week to Change Direction here and post on social media during May 18-24 with #ChangeDirection
Visit the Change Direction website for more information at https://www.changedirection.org .
Anyone who is experiencing emotional or mental difficulties related to COVID-19 can call the Mental Health Cares helpline at 866-202-4357 (HELP), which is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sussex County residents can also speak with a certified Disaster Response Crisis Counselor (DRCC) by calling the Sussex County Division of Health COVID-19 Hotline at 973-579-9488. The Hotline's hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please note that the Sussex County Division of Health COVID-19 Hotline will be unavailable on holidays observed by the County of Sussex.
Comments powered by CComment