As we continue our support of the Pizza Wars 2019 that benefits the “Lake Hopatcong Foundation,” our news team continued eating our way around the lake to personally visit each participating Pizza Place as we join our readers in the Quest for the Best.
Our Sixth Visit was to the Grotto Restaurant Pizzeria & Catering in Hopatcong
The Grotto Restaurant located at 454 River Styx Rd, Hopatcong, NJ, is reportedly the first Pizza Restaurant in Hopatcong when they opened in 1968, but make no mistake there isn’t anything old about their menu, or the freshness of the ingredients.
The menu offers up something for everyone with Regular and Gourmet pizzas, Salads, Appetizers, Italian Dinners, Cold & Hot Hero’s, Calzones and Stromboli to name just a few items off the menu.
Our Team's Review:
The Grotto order over the phone only took a few minutes, which was a pleasant surprise as everyone asked for something different than the listed menu item. While the estimated time for delivery was 45 minutes, it arrived in just 30 minutes. The food was still hot off the oven, and we needed to give it a few minutes too cool.
After the cooling period, the team gave it 5-thumbs up. The Cheese Steak was served on a great bun, with heaping toppings. The Pizza was meaty and balanced well with the crust and cheese. Lastly, the Shrimp dinner included lots of shrimp, sauce and the perfect blend of cheese.
What readers had to say about The Grotto Restaurant in Hopatcong as they Voted:
- Always great fresh food in a friendly atmosphere
- Best Pizza; Friendly Service
- Consistently great pizza
- Food is always delicious. Todd will make any changes or requests you ask him to do, even if not on the menu. White pie with broccoli, spinach, peppers, onions, and sausage to die for! Love Grotto and owner Todd!
- German restaurant with great fresh food in a friendly atmosphere
- Great food and great food and hometown feel
- Great pies, but their sandwiches really stand out. Bread from Anthony & Sons makes a real difference. The Grotto Special sub is our choice!
- Hot, yummy and always busy! Todd Acuna, the owner, is so friendly ...the pizza is hot, delicious!
- Old fashion good old pizza pie with plenty of cheese and sauce.
- Some of the nicest people out there for all their work with the schools and Christmas for kids
- The dough has outstanding flavor and texture, and they've never skimped on toppings
- The original Hopatcong pizza, best in town
- They know customers by the first name and always support community events
- Todd is the best. Pizza has great flavor, lots of sauce and toppings, always on time for pick-up. Other foods are outstanding as well.
Stay tuned as we visit the rest of the Pizza Places in our mutual Quest for the Best
Comments powered by CComment