As we continue our support of the Pizza Wars 2019 that benefits the “Lake Hopatcong Foundation,” our news team continued eating our way around the lake to personally visit each participating Pizza Place as we join our readers in the Quest for the Best.
Our Fifth Visit was Sal's Pizza & Restaurant in Hopatcong
Sal's Pizza & Restaurant located at 175 Lakeside Blvd #7, Landing, NJ, in the old Pathmark Mall is a hidden GEM that many people may miss, unless they have spoken to the locals that just love this place and their quality products at lower prices.
Very Similar to the other Pizza Places we’ve reviewed, Sal's Pizza & Restaurant has a very extensive menu, which was a welcome sight for the team. The menu covers, Regular and Specialty pizzas, Appetizers, Italian Dinners, Cold & Hot Subs and Calzones to name just a few items off the menu.
As our team arrived at the Restaurant to do our review (anonymously), the staff went well out of their way to make sure we were seated, had our sodas, and the order was to be ready in 15 minutes.
Our Team's Review:
In this case the team agreed on ordering the Meat Lovers Stuffed Pizza. Our order arrived ahead of schedule, the team feasted on a pizza that was deep in favor as the sauce and the cheese perfectly married to the all meat ingredients. We were surprised that all of the meat didn’t make the pizza greasy or difficult to manage, but rather was what you could call a perfect pizza.
Throughout the meal the staff worked hard to make sure that we had everything we needed, extra napkins more plates etc… Which is a service level we had not seen at some of the other places, which just serve you and wait for you to pay the bill.
What readers had to say about Sal's Pizza & Restaurant in Hopatcong as they Voted:
- I have been going here for about 25 years. The best pizza around. The owners are great and so friendly. Will continue to go every Friday night.
- Never a problem with them whether pickup or delivery food is delicious, and service is great
- Family owned business who makes the best tasting pizza around
- Tastes like REAL NY City Pizza! Best Food and Service in the area!!!!!!!
- Best pizza in town. Friendly staff. Fair pricing.
- Quality food that's never changed, friendly owners!
- Great sauce and just the right amount of cheese
- Everything we've ever ordered from Sal's has been very good
- Food is flavorful and customer service is on point
- The food is delicious, and Kandi and Buddy are amazing!
- Family friendly. Been getting our pizza at Sal’s for over 25 years
- The food is great, and the service is amazing!
- GREAT TASTE, GREAT CRUST and NO HEARTBURN!!!!
Stay tuned as we visit the rest of the Pizza Places in our mutual Quest for the Best
Comments powered by CComment