The following Lake Hopatcong Fishing Report came in from Dow’s Boat Rental on (09/17/2020), stating that Lake Hopatcong is showing robust fishing results this year.
- The Hybrid Stripers are back to hitting on chicken livers, being caught off Chestnut Point, in the Sharps Rock area, and off Cow Tongue Point. Fish are in the 5 to 6-pound range.
- Pete Rathjens has made his way to the scale with 2 Largemouth, the first weighing 3 lb 14 oz, followed up by a solid 5 pounder.
- Richard Hilton’s largemouth weighed in at 4 lb 3 oz.
- Max Hughen is having fun catching crappie on small jigs. Two of his fish hit the scale at 1 lb 8 oz, with the third weighing 1 lb 10 oz.
- Jimmy Welsh also has been catching nice crappie, along with several walleye and some channel cats using herring for bait.
Don’t forget !!!
Knee Deep’s Hybrid Striped Bass contest is this weekend, starting at 5 AM Saturday, Sept 19th to 12 noon on Sunday, Sept 20th. In person entries can be taken up until 8 AM on Sat. $20 for members, $25 for non-members. Cash prizes for the top 3 heaviest fish, with gift certificates going to 4th, 5th & 6th place. Hope to see you there !!! We will remain open with boat rentals, bait and tackle until the end of Oct. Then keep your fingers crossed for some ice this year… Have a great week!
Dow's Boat Rental
We are a small, family owned boat rental, bait and tackle shop located on Lake Hopatcong since 1971.
We rent a 14 ft fiberglass rowboat, either with or without a motor, sell live bait and tackle and issue NJ State fishing and hunting licenses.
- Small boat & motor rentals, bait, tackle & NJ State Hunting & Fishing licenses
Our hours for the summer are 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM. We are also set up with Fish & Wildlife’s new licensing system & it is up and running.
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7:00 PM
Phone: (973) 663-3826
Comments powered by CComment