The Knee Deep Club’s Hybrid Striped Bass contest is scheduled for this weekend July 13th & 14th. They will be making a final decision on Wed, July 10th as to whether they will be holding the contest or not due to Lake Hopatcong’s recent blue green algae bloom.
Lake Hopatcong Fishing:
- Bruce Apslund, fishing with herring, landed 4 Hybrids, the largest weighing 7 lb. 14 oz
- Several nice bass, both Large & smallmouth, have been being caught, along with some nice crappie.
- Jim Welsh landed a channel cat, weighing 4 lb. 6oz, caught on some dead bait
- Jim Archambault made his way to the scales with a 4 lb. 13 oz pickerel
- Brandon Wood’s walleye weighed in at 6 lb. 8 oz.
DEP’s advisory is to avoid bodily contact with the water and to not eat the fish caught at this time. There has been a lot of misinformation put out there, but the Lake has been open, regardless of what the signs have said, other than the public beaches being closed to swimming only.
If you go to the Hopatcong Lake Regional News page, you will be able to find out all the latest information concerning the algae bloom.
You can call Dows Boat Rental at (973) 663-3826 after Wednesday for more information regarding the contest. With little to no boat traffic on the lake, it is the perfect time to cast your line.
We are open 7 days a week, from 5:30 AM - 7 PM, with bait, tackle & boat rentals.
Comments powered by CComment