The following Lake Hopatcong Fishing Report came in from Dow’s Boat Rental on (06/06/2019), and the upcoming Knee Deep Club 2019 Stew Lant Challenge.
Several nice fish have been weighed in this past week, including:
- Jim Welsh with a 4-pound pickerel. He also had Hybrid Stripers in the 5 to 7-pound range, several nice walleyes, some crappie and lots of yellow perch.
- Jim Macolusa made his way to the scale with his largest hybrid of the day weighing 6 lb. 3 oz.
- Junior Knee Deep Club member Jake Bozik added a 7 lb. 1 oz Hybrid, a 1 lb. 10 oz crappie & a 5 lb. 5 oz walleye to his catch.
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass season opens up again on June 16th and Knee Deep will be holding their bass contest on Sunday June 23rd. It is a free fishing day on Saturday June 8th, no license required. Have a great week!
Knee Deep Club 2019 Stew Lant Challenge - Bass Fishing Contest
Sunday June 23, 2019, the Knee-Deep Club and Ramsey Outdoor will hold its annual Stew Lant Challenge Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass fishing contest
The contest will begin at 5:00 AM on Sunday 23, 2019 and will end at 4:00 PM. The entry fee is $20.00 for Knee Deep Club members and $25.00 ($20.00 entry + $5.00 non-member fee) for non-members and must be submitted with an official contest entry form.
Cash prizes: based on an 80% payout of entry fees for the three (3) heaviest Largemouth Bass or Smallmouth Bass weighed in for this contest. In addition to the cash prizes, Rod & Reel combos donated by Ramsey Outdoor will be awarded to the individuals who place 1st, 2nd, & 3rd.
Rod and Reel Combos: The anglers weighing the 4th, 5th, &6th heaviest Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass will receive a Rod and Reel combo from Ramsey Outdoor.
Top finishers will be based on weight and any ties will be broken by which was weighted first. Only Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass caught in Lake Hopatcong may be entered. Entry forms are available online at; www.kneedeepclub.org, or at the Clubs official weigh stations: Dow’s Boat Rental, Nolan’s Point, Lake Hopatcong and Lake’s End Marina, Lakeside Blvd., Landing. Mail in entries must be received by the Knee Deep Club on Friday, June 21, 2019. In person entries can be made until 8:00AM
Sunday. Please see contest entry form for complete contest rules.
Take a Kid Fishing – A contestant may enter a child 12 years old or younger in this contest for a $5.00 entry fee.
For additional information, please call 973-663-3826.
Did You Know:
- The Knee Deep Club has organized the Stewart Lant Lake Hopatcong Challenge in memory one of its most honored Presidents.
- Mr. Lant was a life-member, past president for six years and board member of the Knee Deep Club of Lake Hopatcong. In 1996 he was honored as “Mr. Knee Deep”. He was also a member of the Lake Hopatcong Yacht Club for 39 years, a member of the Lake Hopatcong Historical Society, The Masonic Lodge 205 Free and Accepted Masons of Livingston and the Presbyterian Church of Livingston.
- The Knee Deep club has been supporting fishing on Lake Hopatcong since August 30, 1946, and currently has a membership of over 600 members.
The Knee Deep Club trusts you enjoy the excellent fishing Lake Hopatcong has to offer.
Dow's Boat Rental
For the month of June, we will be open seven days a week from 5:30 AM until 7:00 PM.
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7:00 PM
Phone: (973) 663-3826
Comments powered by CComment