The following Lake Hopatcong Fishing Report came in from Dow’s Boat Rental on (05/11)
Knee Deep’s Panfish contest had a tough weekend due to the heavy rain. Thank you to the few who did brave the elements and fish.
First place went to Tommy Crouch
Second place went to Fred Nitek
Third place went to Pete Rathjens
Other Fishing News:
Some nice fish made their way to the scale this past week, including:
- Don Rolfs, caught an 11-pound, 5-ounce walleye casting a bomber long A from shore
- Sabrina Mackin had a Hybrid Striped Bass that weighed 8 lb 8 oz
- Alex Tuorinsky had two white cats weighing 3 pounds and 3 lb 14 oz.
Some young fishermen had their share of nice fish also:
- Max Hughen with his 1 lb 10 Rainbow trout and a 3 lb 12 oz walleye, along with several nice Bass
- Brandon Wood trolled up some nice trout, with the largest being a Rainbow over 3 pounds and a Hybrid Striper that was 6 lb 6 oz.
Next Fishing Contest:
Knee Deep Club - 2019 Lake Hopatcong Spring Walleye Weekend
The Knee Deep Club will hold its spring Lake Hopatcong Walleye Weekend on May 18 and 19, 2019. The contest will begin at 5:00 AM on Saturday, May 18, 2019, and will conclude at noon on Sunday, May 19, 2019.
The entry fee is $20.00 for Knee Deep club Members and $25.00 for non-members, $20.00 entry + $5.00 non-member fee). A contestant may enter a child who is under age 16 in this contest for a $5.00 entry fee. No one will be allowed to register after 8:00 AM on Saturday, May 18, 2019. See the contest official entry form for all details.
Entry forms are available at: Dow’s Boat Rental – Nolan’s Point and Lake’s End Marina – Landing. Or online at the Knee Deep Club web site. For additional information call 973-663-3826.
Cash prizes will be based on an 80% payout of entry fees for the three (3) heaviest Walleye weighed in for the contest. Gift certificates for the anglers catching the 4th, 5th, and 6th heaviest Walleye.
Did you Know · The Knee Deep Club web site is www.kneedeepclub.org and is full of current information about the Club and fishing Lake Hopatcong.
- A 5 lb. 7 oz. Walleye took first place in the 2018 contest. The club record Walleye is 10 lb 11 oz.
The Knee Deep Club trusts you enjoy the Walleye Weekend Contest on Lake Hopatcong.
Take a Kid fishing.
Dow's Boat Rental
For the month of May, we will be open seven days a week from 5:00 AM until 7:00 PM.
Address: 145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 7:00 PM
Phone: (973) 663-3826
Comments powered by CComment