Most coves along with the State Park are covered with about 7 inches of ice. The main lake is just skimmed over with some open water so that is not safe enough to fish.
Several nice fish made their way to the scales with:
- Bryan Higgins weighing in a 1 lb 10 oz Crappie
- Sean Donnelly with a 3 lb 6 oz pickerel, caught in Great Cove
- Max Hughens also with a pickerel weighing 4 lb 4 oz
- Pete Pelligrino with a 1 lb 2 oz yellow perch
- Jeremy Hughens also had a 45 “ muskie, released back alive
Next Lake Hopatcong Ice Fishing Contest:
The Knee Deep Club’s ice fishing contest is set for Sunday Feb. 10th. More info can be found on their website or you can call the shop @ (973) 663-3826.
Dees Bpat Rental:
We are open at 6 AM, 7 days a week and fully stocked with whatever you need for ice fishing. We have shiners and fatheads, along with waxworms and spikes for bait. Have a great week and be safe on the ice...
Comments powered by CComment