Fishing continued to escalate on Lake Hopatcong over the last week with several nice catches.
According to the official report from Dows Boat Rental & Bait:
- Lots of Hybrids hitting on herring and also casting bombers at night. Also producing walleye doing the same.
- The Yacht Club off Bertrand’s Island has been good, along with Bed Bug Island and Davis Cove and back in the Byram Cove area.
- Several trout have been caught trolling with a phoebe and hitting on the smaller herring with Pete Pantelis weighing in with a 3 lb 2 oz. Rainbow.
- While out fishing with his Dad Joe, Ethan Orlando landed a 3-pound 2-ounce pickerel.
- Seeing lots of yellow perch and some nice crappies, hitting small jigs, worms or fatheads.
Next Fishing Contest:
The Knee Deep Clubs next contest takes place on June 24th for Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass, so make your plans now. Cash prizes will be awarded for the 3 heaviest fish.
Dows Boat Rental & Bait: We are fully stocked with a large selection of Bomber lures. We are open early for bait, tackle and boat rentals, from 5:30 AM until 7 PM. Have a safe Holiday weekend...
Comments powered by CComment