The Knee Deep Club held their first Ice Fishing contest on Sunday January 21st, under sunny skies and warm weather. The overall ice depth was between 8 and 10 inches, which was enough to support the contest safely.
Overall, there were 120 entries and 5 juniors that participated in the Ice Fishing Contest.
First Place Winners: (Each Won $320)
- Yang Davie with a 4 lb. 9 oz. pickerel
- Mike Kolodziej with a 1lb 15 oz. crappie
- Janine Depula with a 3 lb. 7 oz. Largemouth Bass
Second Place Winners: (Each Won $192)
- Vincent Canfield with a 4 lb. 5 oz. pickerel
- Tom Nelson with a 1 lb. 9 oz. crappie
- Gary Bruzaud with a 3 lb. 3 oz. Largemouth
Third place winners: (Each Won $128)
- Dylan Cole with a 4 lb. 5 oz. pickerel
- Pablo Nieves with a 1 lb. 2 oz. yellow perch
- Gary Sherman with a 3 lb. 1 oz. largemouth bass
Junior Winners: (each won a Rod and Reel Combo)
- Carly Poggio with a 3 lb. 12 oz. Largemouth Bass
- Gerard DelVescovo with a 4 lb. 12 oz. pickerel
There were several other noteworthy pickerel caught including Lou Marcucci with a 3 lb. 10 oz. pickerel, Mike Novak w with a 3 lb. 5 oz. fish, William Smith with a 3 lb. 9oz pick, John Fernandez with a 4 lb. 4 oz. fish, Rocco Farina with a 4 lb. 1 oz. pickerel and Will Rowe with 2 fish, weighing 3 lb. 8 oz. and 4 lb. 3 oz.
There were lots yellow perch caught weighing about 1 lb., and reports of muskies being caught during the week in the 43 - 44 inch range.
The next Ice Fishing contest is set for February 11th, weather and ice permitting.