Hopatcong Lake Regional News is pleased to continue to provide a regular Fishing Report for the Lake Region. Our guest authors are Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop, and Lake’s End Marina.
Updated Report From:
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop
145 Nolans Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop reports:
- Notable catches during this past week included:
- Jason Tate with a 5 lb. 9 oz. walleye, his personal best, caught on herring.
- Tom Sarnacki had a Hybrid Striped Bass weighing in at 6 lb. 12 oz.
- Hunter Good, while fishing with herring also, had a walleye weighing 6 lb. 14 oz. and his brother Logan landed a Hybrid weighing 7 lb. 14 oz.
- Ken Tice, of Flanders, had a Hybrid Striper hitting the scales at 6 lb. 10 oz.
- Jim Macaluso weighed in a smallmouth bass at 3 lb. 10 oz. Jack Tener had a nice Largemouth, estimating the weight to be in the 3-pound range
- Alex Estok had Hybrids, with his largest being in the 8-pound range.
Next Fishing Contests:
The Knee Deep will hold it's 2017 Summer Hybrid Striped Bass Contest on Saturday July 15, 2017 and Sunday July 16, 2017.
On the weekend of July, 15th & 16th 2017 the Knee Deep Club of Lake Hopatcong will hold its 20th Annual Hybrid Striped Bass Contest on Lake Hopatcong. The contest will begin at 5AM Saturday the 15th and conclude at 12 noon on Sunday the 16th.
The entry fee for club members is $20 and non-members $25 ($20 entry + $5 non-member fee). A payout of 80% of entry fees will go to the anglers weighing in the three heaviest Hybrid Striped Bass.
Entry forms are available on line at www.kneedeepclub.org or at the club’s official weigh stations located at Dow's Boat Rental, Nolan's Point, Lake Hopatcong and Lake's End Marina, Lakeside Blvd., Landing. Mail in entries must be received by Friday, July 14th, 2017, in person entries can be made until 8AM Saturday, July 15th, 2017.
Please see the contest entry form for a complete list of contest rules. For additional information call (973) 663 3826.
June 25th, 2017 - Lake Hopatcong Results:
Did you Know
The Knee Deep Club web site is www.kneedeepclub.org and is full of information about the Club and fishing Lake Hopatcong – bring it up and check us out.
The Knee Deep Club trusts you enjoy the excellent fishing Lake Hopatcong has to offer.