For over a century, Roxbury High School graduates have answered our nation’s call to defend our freedom, to aid our friends and allies, and to turn back aggressors. Numerous young men and women have traded in the navy blue and gold of the Gaels for the colors of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard. They have brought honor and distinction upon themselves and made their school, community, and nation proud.
Fourteen Roxbury High School students successfully auditioned for the American Choral Directors Association Eastern Division High School Honors Choir. This prestigious ensemble is comprised of the top singers in the northeastern part of the United States.
Roxbury Township Public Schools begins another year filled with optimism, tips for helping students succeed, and a few new staff members too!
The Roxbury Board of Education is proud to sponsor a free a parent presentation to “Defend Your Teen!” This event is open to all Lake Community Residents!
Every year the Roxbury Community School takes a bus into New York City to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular. There is no better way to ring in the holiday spirit than a visit to see the Radio City Christmas Spectacular while leaving the driving into Manhattan to someone else.
During the week of August 28, over 30 new eager educators attended Roxbury’s New Teacher Orientation at Roxbury High School.
The mix of new hires included general and special education teachers, guidance counselors, and leave replacements. Organized by Maryann Gibbs, Roxbury’s Human Resources Director and the district administrative team, NTO is an event comprised of two and half days of training followed by a half a day of building-based preparation.
All were greeted by a team of welcoming veteran and new administrators Tuesday morning with a continental breakfast. Each day followed suit with various activities of introduction, instruction, and initiatives.
They got up to speed the first day on Roxbury technology with Google and Genesis overviews and advanced trainings with the next day and a half geared toward instruction.
New colleagues were at ease and already working together through various sessions of the Charlotte Danielson’s Framework of Teaching Domains 1-4. The newbies under the guidance of various district supervisors worked together, shared ideas, and focused on planning and preparation, the classroom environment, instruction and assessment, and professional responsibilities.
NTO wrapped up Thursday morning with a Q&A session with last year’s new teachers, ALiCE Training with Director of Security Jim Simonetti, and breakout sessions on special education, co-teaching, and content area Q&A.
Gibbs shared that “The goals of New Teacher Orientation are all-encompassing. It facilitates the process of new teachers acclimating themselves to our district as well as fostering a sense of teamwork and collaboration among all. These three days are an exciting time for both new teachers and administrators. They signal the year is officially here!”
In the list below, we are proud to announce and welcome not only our new teachers but administrators as well who are joining the Roxbury Township Public Schools for the 2017/2018 school year:
- Christopher Argenziano, Principal at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- William Axt, Leave Replacement Art Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Jennifer Branch, Leave Replacement Instrumental Music Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Emily Christiansen, Social Studies Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Mary Consol, PE/Health Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Melissa Davenport, Leave Replacement Language Arts Grade 6 Teacher at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- Jessica DeBarros, Permanent Sub Teacher at Kennedy School
- Brittany DeMaio, Leave Replacement LLD Grades K-2 Teacher at Kennedy School
- Conor Devine, Social Studies Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Sarah DiLorenzo, Media Specialist at Franklin and Nixon Schools
- Robert Doyle, Civics Teacher at Eisenhower Middle School
- Timothy Dreher, Chemistry Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Nolan Erikson, Chemistry Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Lisa Ferrare, Principal at Franklin School
- Stephanie Friscia, Fourth Grade Teacher at Jefferson School
- Doreen Fulton, Special Education Teacher at Eisenhower Middle School
- Ray Henricksen, Music Teacher at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- Rebecca Hutsebaut, PreK Handicapped Teacher at Jefferson School
- Justin Iazzetti, Special Education/REACH Teacher at Nixon School
- Jamie Kadus, Fourth Grade Teacher at Kennedy School
- Roxanne Media, Assistant Principal at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- Kathryn Monaco, Leave Replacement Second Grade Teacher at Nixon School
- Alexandra Nestler, Leave Replacement Fourth Grade Teacher at Nixon School
- Amanda Nicol, Math Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Kaitlyn Oster, Special Education/English Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Dana Pellegrino, Math Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Laura Richards, Family & Consumer Sciences Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Mark Riches, Business Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Michelle Rogers, Math Teacher at Eisenhower Middle School
- Denise Rose, Special Education/TIDES Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Ryan Roumes, Fifth Grade Teacher at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- Angelina Salgado Neabore, Art Teacher at Jefferson and Nixon Schools
- Kristen Schissler, Leave Replacement Third Grade Teacher at Nixon School
- David Sherer, Chemistry Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Erik Swanson, Guidance Counselor at Nixon School
- Krista Sweer, Vocal Music Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Megan Tartarilla, English Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Mike Travaline, Biology Teacher at Roxbury High School
- Jonathan Trotter, PE/Health Teacher at Lincoln/Roosevelt School
- Jenna Vento, Speech Teacher at Jefferson School
- Marie Wallace, Leave Replacement Music Teacher at Franklin and Kennedy School
- Christopher Zegar, Grades 6-12 Social Studies Supervisor
PHOTO ABOVE (courtesy of Roxbury Public Schools)
- New Teacher Orientation 2017/2018
Yes, you can now be a Movie Star in ‘Bare Knuckle Brawler’ due out in 2018, as they are looking for extras for a funeral scene on September 2, 2017.