The Hopatcong Lake Regional News got an early review of the Jefferson “The Carnival” after everything was set-up today, and we can tell you that tonight’s opening is going to be phenomenal!
Regardless of your age, or level of desired entertainment the Jefferson Carnival will exceed your expectations!
The Team behind the Scenes:
This annual event is once again driven by the joint efforts of the Jefferson High School and Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA or PTA for short) groups.
In speaking to Eric Wilsusen the President of the High School PTA, “We really enjoy bringing this event back to the community each year, as it very popular (attended by 300 – 500 people each night), and serves as the major fund raiser for the joint PTA groups each year. With the assistance of my co-chair Dina Troha and everyone else, here is an overview of what we have planned for this year.”
- Jefferson Middle School
- Dates: Tonight – June 3
- Times: 6:00 – 10:00 PM Each Night
- No Admission Cost
Unlimited Rides Wrist Bands:
- $30.00 At the Door
- Otherwise rides are ticket based
What to Expect:
- Great Midway Rides
- Kiddy Rides
- 15 Games to test your Skill
- Face Painter
- Other Carnival related Vendors
- Cotton Candy, Candy Apples, Pop Corn, Italian Ice, Ice Cold Refreshments
Vice President of the PTSA Vicki Burke has been working hard on Multiple Food Vendors for the event. Here is the list of options:
Lydia’s: Serving Susage, Cheesesteak, Italian Hot Dogs, French Fries, Chicken Fingers, Mozzarella Sticks, Fried Shrimp, Zepole, Funnel Cake, Fried Oreos, Hamburgers and Cheeseburgers
Sue’s House of Fudge: serving many flavors of homemade fudge
Sabretti’s Hot Dogs: Wild Game Sausage, serving their world famous Hot Dogs and Pickles on a Stick,
Benji’s Taqueria Mexican Grill: serving authentic Mexican tacos and more, and
- Thursday: Falcon Pride Night – Wear Blue & Gold –Purchase Falcon Wear
- Friday: Teen Scene Night
- 50/50: A Winner Every Night! Winners called at 9:30 p.m.
- NEW Merchant’s Corner: Selected vendors and crafters to enhance your carnival experience PTSA
- Families with smaller children should come on Wednesday or Thursday when the Carnival is not as busy
- There are height requirements on the different rides, so please check the different rides before standing in line.
- Major Rides are at least 36” to 44”
- Kiddy Rides are at least 36”
This is the only Carnival that occurs within our Lake Region, so make sure you don’t miss this great event!