Hopatcong Lake Regional News is pleased to continue to provide the weekly Fishing Report for the Lake Region to help inform you on what’s biting and where. Our guest author is Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop.
Weekly Update From:
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop
45 Nolan’s Point Rd, Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
Dows Boat Rental and Bait Shop reports:
As another summer ends, you can look forward to fall fishing picking up, and a lot less boat traffic!
- · Knee Deep will hold their Hybrid Striped Bass contest on Sept 23rd & 24th. They can be caught on herring and chicken livers, and maybe even jigging with ice rapalas this time of year.
- · Jim Welsh, while fishing this week, had some Hybrids between 5 and 7 pounds, several nice walleyes and a channel cat, hitting the scales at 12 lb 6 oz.
- · It’s a great time of year, even just for a boat ride. We are open with boat rentals until early Nov, and with bait and tackle thru the winter. And to all those with friends and family in the path of Hurricane Irma, I hope everyone stays safe.
Upcoming Fishing Contests:
- · The Knee Deep Club will be holding their Fall Hybrid Striped Bass contest on Sept. 23rd & 24th and their fall walleye on Oct. 7th & 8th. Cash prizes will be awarded for the 3 heaviest fish, with gift certificates going to 4th, 5th and 6th place.
- · The last event will be the Fall Walleye Contest on Oct. 7-8. The biggest Walleye caught so far, this year was 10 pounds, 8 ounces, caught by Frank Lo Saro on June 22.