Each year, between May and September, the New Jersey State Park Service hires approximately 600 people to fill peak-season jobs at New Jersey’s parks, forests, recreation areas and historic sites.
The hiring process is starting now, with several positions open for Hopatcong State Park, no experience is needed as the Park Service will provide the necessary training, and in the case of Lifeguards the certification required.
Salaries for lifeguards begin at $12 per hour in most areas, oceanfront guards at Island Beach State Park start at $13 per hour.
While candidates must pass running and swim tests prior to employment, prior experience is not necessary. The State Park Service will train lifeguards in cardiopulmonary resuscitation/Automated External Defibrillators, first aid and other medical matters. Each lifeguard will also receive a U.S. Lifesaving Association certification. State swimming areas open Saturday, May 23.
Starting salary: $12 per hour
- No previous experience is required.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have an official State Park Service permission slip signed by a parent or legal guardian to participate in lifeguard testing.
Other Positions Available:
- General Maintenance: General maintenance helps to maintain grounds and buildings and remove litter.
- Seasonal Visitor Service: Provide accurate information to visitors at various facilities throughout an area, report emergencies and direct traffic. Perform visual inspections of area facilities and grounds.
- Office Workers: Office workers and visitor service assistants help register campers, answer phone calls, provide recordkeeping, handle sales transactions, and do other customer service duties as required.
Comments powered by CComment