On Tuesday, February 5, 2019, the second annual Pizza Wars Awards Ceremony was held at the Lake Hopatcong Foundation to congratulate Cambiotti's Tomato Pie Café, who won with 24% of the overall votes.
During the ceremony, the Lake Hopatcong Foundation received $1,000 in donations based upon readers votes.
Special Thanks to our Residents that Voted & the Pizza Places that helped to generate the Votes:
“The Pizza Wars was developed to encourage residents surrounding the lake to experience all the different local Pizzerias. All are great pizzas, which hopefully you’ve had a chance to try during this event.” Stated Rohan Shetty, Marketing Manager.
“We’d also like to thank all of the sponsors as well as the local Pizzerias that participated. As they helped to raise funds for this year’s chosen local Non-Profit, the Lake Hopatcong Foundation that serves as the guardian of our lake.”
Cambiotti's Tomato Pie Café:
“While it’s great to win twice in a row, everyone around the lake does a great job with their pizzas. We’re just happy to push so many votes towards helping the Lake Hopatcong Foundation and our community. They work hard to keep the lake happy, healthy and safe for everyone to enjoy.” Stated David Cambiotti owner of Cambiotti's Tomato Pie Café.
Lake Hopatcong Foundation:
"Lake Hopatcong Foundation is very thrilled to accept this award, our organization’s mission is to protect Lake Hopatcong now, and for future generations. We are excited about the year ahead as we enter into the Block Party, the Floating Classroom which will be expanded this year, and any other activities to benefit all communities and the lake." Stated Jessica K. Murphy, President
Hopatcong Lake Regional News:
Once again special thanks to everyone for supporting this project to benefit our community. Watch for the Battle of the Bars coming up in May 2019, as another way to support another local Non-Profit, where you just vote, and the sponsors do the rest!
Special Thanks to all Participating Pizza Restaurants:
Several of the Pizza Places were very close in the voting with Knot Just Pizza, Sal's Pizza & Restaurant, Grotto Restaurant, Vinnie & Son Restaurant and Little Nicki's Italian Restaurant all tied within a few votes for second place.
What the Voters had to Say
- When you first bite into Cambiotti’s thin crust of deliciousness your taste buds explode with a tantalizing amount of excitement. Their pizza is similar to a child’s first trip to Disney World; always ready, willing, and able to return as soon as humanly possible.
- By far best pizza around if you can acquire a for the sauce
- Great thin crust Pizza
- Pizza is always phenomenal! Perfect sauce and cheese combo!
- Different but amazing, Always hot and fresh. Service w a smile.
- Every aspect of the pizza is delicious. From the thin crispy crust to the sweet sauce and the mild creamy cheese. No pizza in the area comes close
- The pizza is flavorful and not at all greasy. Wonderful service and atmosphere.
- We love Everything - food is awesome staff has great customer service, and the place is very clean and well kept.
- Excellent quality of food and when I walk in they know my name. Very nice people
- I've been a fan since I was a kid when they first opened and love that it has not changed much at all.
- The pizza is amazing
- Super nice people, the pizza is phenomenal!
- Tasty and plentiful
- I am particular about my pizza.... a lot of pizza places is either too well done or greasy, not enough cheese or sauce... but Franks pizza is just right. The staff all very friendly.
- Food is always good. Especially the taco pizza! We used to drive from Totowa just for it but luckily moved closer. Clean, friendly environment.
- Best Pizza I have found in New Jersey
- Consistency is key! the same every time! Outstanding place!
- Pleasant and reliable service with the best food in town!
- I've been to Frank's many times with coworkers... It's our office's "go to" place for something quick and close . I love their lunch specials, I almost always get stuffed shells with garlic bread. Their lunch specials are worth! I pay about $8 and tip! Highly recommend their rice balls with marinara sauce. Wait staff is always great and very accommodating. Consistently delicious and friendly!
- Consistently delicious food at an affordable price. Big Time regulars here. Can't wait to order again!!
- Hey, we had a made to our liking. They do a fantastic job here. Pls check them out
- Their chicken fajita and their buffalo chicken slices are amazing! We were blown away by the amazing flavors that after slices we had to get more.
- Pizza is always good! Great local spot. I tend to get the spinach and artichoke pie.It's delicious, something not many pizza places make!
- I frequent Frank's Pizza a few times per week. They have the absolute best pizza I have ever had here, and when I bring friends to this establishment, they agree 100%. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
- Holy Bageezes!!!This place is the mother lode for pizza!! East Coast pizza is the best!!
- Best tasting pizza around
- Delicious food great prices and friendly people
- Food is always delicious. Todd will make any changes or requests you ask him to do, even if not on the menu. White pie with broccoli, spinach, peppers, onions, and sausage to die for! Love Grotto and owner Todd!
- German restaurant with great fresh food in a friendly atmosphere
- Great food and great food and hometown feel
- Great pies, but their sandwiches really stand out. Bread from Anthony & Sons makes a real difference. The Grotto Special sub is our choice!
- Hot, yummy and always busy! Todd Acuna, the owner, is so friendly ...the pizza is hot, delicious!
- Old fashion good old pizza pie with plenty of cheese and sauce.
- Some of the nicest people out there for all their work with the schools and Christmas for kids
- The dough has outstanding flavor and texture, and they've never skimped on toppings
- Never disappointed on the pizza or any other take out from knot just pizza.
- Great knots, which is where they got their name. “KNOT Just Pizza.”
- Staff is friendly, food is delicious and is a staple of the community.
- Their garlic knots are way beyond compare, and their sauce is reminiscent of homemade pizza
- Fresh ingredients, fast delivery, always get what we order!
- Their service staff are exceptionally helpful and dedicated to making sure your experience is the best. Their specialty pies are great, and dinner portions are quite generous.
- The crust on the pizza is SO good, and the knots are oversized and delicious!
- The crust on the pizza is SO good, and the knots are oversized and delicious!
- They are always on point with whatever they make, and if you have any changes to make with the food, they are always down to change it with no fuss! Very clean environment love it there
- Homemade and fresh! Awesome Family business!
- Fabulous food and great service
- Delicious pizza with a robust sauce
- Everything is always excellent
- Fresh ingredients and great crust
- I have been going here for about 25 years. The best pizza around. The owners are great and so friendly. Will continue to go every Friday night.
- Never a problem with them whether pickup or delivery food is delicious, and service is great
- Family owned business who makes the best tasting pizza around
- Tastes like REAL NY City Pizza! Best Food and Service in the area!!!!!!!
- Best pizza in town. Friendly staff. Fair pricing.
- Quality food that's never changed, friendly owners!
- Great sauce and just the right amount of cheese
- Everything we've ever ordered from Sal's has been very good
- Their food is done right. The pizza is the best I've had in a large radius of Mount Arlington.
- Quality and variety together
- Open to offering more conscious options - aka vegan.
- The kid with the glasses that works in the front is amazing the nocest and cutest boy ive ever seen in my life
- Generous with the toppings, nice dough.
- Great thin crust, crispy pizza!
- Pizza is consistently good with a lot of variety. The staff are always super friendly.
- Good costumer service. Consistent good food
- Vinnie & Son has been at this "out of the way" location for so many years! It must have been a struggle early on. It is so nice to see how busy they are now. It proves that if you consistently use quality ingredients and give good service people will notice, they will know it's worth the trip for a delicious pie, and you will succeed.
- Whenever we dine in the cooks and waitresses are VERY nice towards ! Cannolis are superb! Pizzas always fresh and hot when delivered too!
- My daughter says it’s the “best cheese pizza in the whole wide world” and insists on bringing our family from town here for lunch when they visit. :)
- Renovated last year, the place looks great & the staff is SUPER friendly!
Additional Thanks to our 2019 Sponsors of the Pizza Wars!