The team at Hopatcong Lake Regional News would like to thank everyone for supporting you local Pizza Favorites, while earnng money for the Lake Hopatcong Foundation (LHF).
We are entering our final three days – Have you voted yet?
For every unique vote towards your favorite pizza place, our sponsors donate $1.00 for the hard work they do toward preserving Lake Hopatcong and our communities for both now and in the future.
We'd like to raise the votes by at least another 250 during this last week, to reach our goal of $1,000 for the LHF and the work that they do for our region.
Participating Pizza Places:
What the Voters had to Say
- When you first bite into Cambiotti’s thin crust of deliciousness your taste buds explode with a tantalizing amount of excitement. Their pizza is similar to a child’s first trip to Disney World; always ready, willing, and able to return as soon as humanly possible.
- By far best pizza around if you can acquire a for the sauce
- Great thin crust Pizza
- Pizza is always phenomenal! Perfect sauce and cheese combo!
- Different but amazing, Always hot and fresh. Service w a smile.
- Every aspect of the pizza is delicious. From the thin crispy crust to the sweet sauce and the mild creamy cheese. No pizza in the area comes close
- The pizza is flavorful and not at all greasy. Wonderful service and atmosphere.
- We love Everything - food is awesome staff has great customer service, and the place is very clean and well kept.
- Excellent quality of food and when I walk in they know my name. Very nice people
- I've been a fan since I was a kid when they first opened and love that it has not changed much at all.
- The pizza is amazing
- Super nice people, the pizza is phenomenal!
- Tasty and plentiful
- I am particular about my pizza.... a lot of pizza places is either too well done or greasy, not enough cheese or sauce... but Franks pizza is just right. The staff all very friendly.
- Food is always good. Especially the taco pizza! We used to drive from Totowa just for it but luckily moved closer. Clean, friendly environment.
- Best Pizza I have found in New Jersey
- Consistency is key! the same every time! Outstanding place!
- Pleasant and reliable service with the best food in town!
- I've been to Frank's many times with coworkers... It's our office's "go to" place for something quick and close . I love their lunch specials, I almost always get stuffed shells with garlic bread. Their lunch specials are worth! I pay about $8 and tip! Highly recommend their rice balls with marinara sauce. Wait staff is always great and very accommodating. Consistently delicious and friendly!
- Consistently delicious food at an affordable price. Big Time regulars here. Can't wait to order again!!
- Hey, we had a made to our liking. They do a fantastic job here. Pls check them out
- Their chicken fajita and their buffalo chicken slices are amazing! We were blown away by the amazing flavors that after slices we had to get more.
- Pizza is always good! Great local spot. I tend to get the spinach and artichoke pie.It's delicious, something not many pizza places make!
- I frequent Frank's Pizza a few times per week. They have the absolute best pizza I have ever had here, and when I bring friends to this establishment, they agree 100%. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
- Holy Bageezes!!!This place is the mother lode for pizza!! East Coast pizza is the best!!
- Best tasting pizza around
- Delicious food great prices and friendly people
- Food is always delicious. Todd will make any changes or requests you ask him to do, even if not on the menu. White pie with broccoli, spinach, peppers, onions, and sausage to die for! Love Grotto and owner Todd!
- German restaurant with great fresh food in a friendly atmosphere
- Great food and great food and hometown feel
- Great pies, but their sandwiches really stand out. Bread from Anthony & Sons makes a real difference. The Grotto Special sub is our choice!
- Hot, yummy and always busy! Todd Acuna, the owner, is so friendly ...the pizza is hot, delicious!
- Old fashion good old pizza pie with plenty of cheese and sauce.
- Some of the nicest people out there for all their work with the schools and Christmas for kids
- The dough has outstanding flavor and texture, and they've never skimped on toppings
- Never disappointed on the pizza or any other take out from knot just pizza.
- Great knots, which is where they got their name. “KNOT Just Pizza.”
- Staff is friendly, food is delicious and is a staple of the community.
- Their garlic knots are way beyond compare, and their sauce is reminiscent of homemade pizza
- Fresh ingredients, fast delivery, always get what we order!
- Their service staff are exceptionally helpful and dedicated to making sure your experience is the best. Their specialty pies are great, and dinner portions are quite generous.
- The crust on the pizza is SO good, and the knots are oversized and delicious!
- The crust on the pizza is SO good, and the knots are oversized and delicious!
- They are always on point with whatever they make, and if you have any changes to make with the food, they are always down to change it with no fuss! Very clean environment love it there
- Homemade and fresh! Awesome Family business!
- Fabulous food and great service
- Delicious pizza with a robust sauce
- Everything is always excellent
- Fresh ingredients and great crust
- I have been going here for about 25 years. The best pizza around. The owners are great and so friendly. Will continue to go every Friday night.
- Never a problem with them whether pickup or delivery food is delicious, and service is great
- Family owned business who makes the best tasting pizza around
- Tastes like REAL NY City Pizza! Best Food and Service in the area!!!!!!!
- Best pizza in town. Friendly staff. Fair pricing.
- Quality food that's never changed, friendly owners!
- Great sauce and just the right amount of cheese
- Everything we've ever ordered from Sal's has been very good
- Vinnie & Son has been at this "out of the way" location for so many years! It must have been a struggle early on. It is so nice to see how busy they are now. It proves that if you consistently use quality ingredients and give good service people will notice, they will know it's worth the trip for a delicious pie, and you will succeed.
- Whenever we dine in the cooks and waitresses are VERY nice towards ! Cannolis are superb! Pizzas always fresh and hot when delivered too!
- My daughter says it’s the “best cheese pizza in the whole wide world” and insists on bringing our family from town here for lunch when they visit. :)
- Renovated last year, the place looks great & the staff is SUPER friendly!
The winner of the Pizza Wars will be announced on February 1 2019, and will receive a plaque identifying them as the best within the lake region. At the same time our selected Non-Profit organization will receive a check from our sponsors, based upon the total number of unique votes.
Sponsors for the Second Annual Pizza Wars 2019:
The Lake Hopatcong Foundation:
In selecting the local non-profit, the team at Hopatcong Lake Regional News felt that the LHF best represents a local organization that seeks to improve our overall community.
LHF Accomplishments in 2018:
- Partnered with the Lake Hopatcong Commission to organize a lake-wide cleanup in conjunction with the 60-inch drawdown during which 442 volunteers logged an excess of 1200 hours collecting debris from 50+ access points around the lake. The dizzying amount of debris collected included 4,000 drink containers, 300 plastic bags, 175 toys, 150 articles of clothing and more than 800 tires.
- Hand-pulled 55 invasive water chestnut plants with the assistance of our 26 volunteer Water Scouts, helping to protect the Lake Hopatcong ecosystem.
- Educated 305 recreational lake users about the importance of proper vessel maintenance to prevent the spread of aquatic invasive species to Lake Hopatcong through our Lake Steward Program. Of those interviewed, 70% expressed interest in learning more about aquatic invasive species prevention.
- Launched the Lake Hopatcong Floating Classroom to enhance our educational field trip program as well as provide educational opportunities to the public.
- Provided a hands-on, STEM-based educational field trip program to 776 area students highlighting the relationships between human actions and their effect on the environment in order to cultivate environmentally responsible behavior.
- Introduced public education opportunities aboard the Lake Hopatcong Floating Classroom, providing an interactive experience to 159 members of the public to learn about freshwater ecology and how to help protect our lakes.
- Awarded $2,000 in scholarships to two local graduating high school seniors who were furthering their education in fields related to lake environments, investing in our youth’s education as well as the future of Lake Hopatcong and other valuable freshwater resources.
- Received the Association of New Jersey Environmental Commission’s Environmental Achievement Award “for outstanding accomplishment in local environmental protection” for the Lake Hopatcong Foundation Floating Classroom.
Community and Historic Preservation
- Completed the first stage of the Lake Hopatcong Train Station rehabilitation project, allowing our staff to move into our own office space just before the start of 2019.
- Brought 2000+ visitors to Hopatcong State Park for the 2018 Lake Hopatcong Block Party, which featured 189 businesses and organizations from the lake area and celebrated all things Lake Hopatcong. We couldn’t have done it without the 191 volunteers who helped make this summer kickoff event happen.
- Distributed B-SAFE dock number signs, designed to help emergency personnel efficiently respond by land or water, to an additional 51 property owners, bringing the total percentage of lakefront coverage to 37%.
- Conducted 16 days of Courtesy Patrols on busy summer weekends to spread the word about the “Lake Hopatcong for All” voluntary guidelines crafted to help maintain a safe, healthy and respectful lake environment for all.
- Funded additional hours of weekend/evening police patrols on the lake, providing protection at times when there would otherwise be no coverage.
- Maintained more than 11 miles of the Lake Hopatcong Trail with the assistance of 18 volunteer trail maintainers. When completed, the Lake Hopatcong Trail will traverse approximately 40 miles through four towns, eventually encircling the lake.