While Michael's remnants are expected to remain south of our area, we are still expecting heavy rainfall that may lead to flooding concerns on Thursday into early Friday related to deep tropical moisture and an approaching cold front.
Generally 1-2"+ of rain can be expected during this time. Skies will remain mostly cloudy through Thursday with warm and muggy conditions. Skies will begin breaking up by Friday as cooler and drier air filters into the region. Sunny skies are then expected over the weekend with much drier air and below normal temps.
Flood Safety Reminders:
- Turn Around, Don’t Drown! NEVER walk, bike, or drive through flooded areas.
- Obey traffic barriers.
- If flash flooding is a risk in your location, then monitor potential signs, such as heavy rain.
- Gather supplies in case you have to leave immediately, or if services are cut off. Keep in mind each person’s specific needs, including medication. Don’t forget the needs of pets. Obtain extra batteries and charging devices for phones and other critical equipment.
- Keep important documents in a waterproof container. Create password-protected digital copies.\
- Protect your property. Move valuables to higher levels. Declutter drains and gutters. Install check valves.
- Consider a sump pump with a battery.
It’s Hurricane Season!
Are you prepared? Download our FREE NJ Hurricane Survival Guide today at https://www.nj.gov/njoem/plan-prepare/hurricanes.shtml.
Comments powered by CComment