Jefferson Township Clerk
Act as Secretary to the Municipal Corporation and custodian of municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts of municipal corporation.
- General info
Core Duties of the Municipal ClerkThe position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey statute (N.J.S.A. 40A:9-133) to:
- Act as Secretary to the Municipal Corporation and custodian of municipal seal and of all minutes, books, deeds, bonds, contracts of municipal corporation.
- Act as secretary to the Governing Body, prepare meeting agenda at discretion of governing body, be present at all meetings of governing body, keep minutes of every meeting, retain original copies of all ordinances and resolutions.
- Serve as the chief administrative officer in all elections in the municipality.
- Serve as the chief registrar of voters in the municipality, subject to the requirements of Title 19 of the Revised Statutes.
- Serve as the administrative officer responsible for the acceptance of applications for licenses and permits and the issuance of licenses and permits.
- Serve as coordinator and records manager responsible for implementing local archives and records retention programs mandated pursuant to Title 47 of the Revised Statutes.
BUSINESS REVIEWSAdd review
There are no reviews at the moment