The Star Next Door - A Vocal Talent Competition
The Roxbury Arts Alliance is celebrating its 20th anniversary this fall! We want to celebrate by hosting a vocal talent competition. We hope that you will join us by competing; voting on-line for your favorite semi- finalist; or attending the Final Event at which the final 12 contestants will perform live on October 7th at the Investors Bank Theater. Judges for the Final Event are music industry professionals.
Rules for Participation:
- Individual applicants must be 15 years of age by the date of the Final Event, 10/7/17.
- If selected as a semi-finalist, contestant must show proof of age.
- If selected as one of the 20 semi-finalists, contestant must show proof of residence.
- Applicant must reside within 15 miles of the Roxbury Arts Alliance Investor’s Bank Theater, 72 Eyland Ave in Succasunna or be an alumni of Roxbury High School.
- Competition Rules:
- This is a vocal competition. Performance time cap on entry is 5 minutes.
- Contestant is a single vocalist and can have up to 3 accompanists. Contestant must provide his/her own accompanist(s).
- Each individual may participate in only 1 entry.
- Submission must be thematically & content-appropriate for all ages. Any entry that is deemed by RAA and/or the judges to be inappropriate for the event will be disqualified. Decision by judges is final.
- The entry that is submitted at the time of application must be the entry that is performed the evening of the Final Event, Oct 7th.
- No distinction will be made between those contestants who deem themselves to be professional and those who are non-professional.
- No evaluative consideration will be given to those who perform an original composition.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis from July 1, 2017 – August 15, 2017 and will be limited to approximately the first 100 applications. Please check the website to see if applications are still being accepted before filing.
- 20 Semi-Finalists -In honor of the 20th Anniversary of the Roxbury Arts Alliance, 20 entries will be selected by three judges as semi-finalists and their videos will be shared on Facebook. The contestant receiving the most “likes” will have a guaranteed place in the finals and receive the people’s choice contestant award.
- The 20 semi-finalists will be notified by email on Friday, September 8, 2017 and must provide proof of residence and age at this time.
- The Facebook voting will take place from Thursday, Sept. 14th through Saturday, Sept. 23rd.
- 12 Finalists-the 12 finalists will consist of the winner of the Facebook people’s choice contestant award and eleven from the panel of judges. The finalists will be notified by email on Sunday, September 24th and they will compete on the Final Event on Saturday, Oct 7th at 7 pm.
- Contestant Appearance & Decorum.
- Performers should dress in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Awards (Judges for the final competition are music industry professionals.)
- First Prize: $1,020 Second Prize: $720 Third Prize: $420
- Finalist Guidelines
- Finalists selected to compete in the final event must sign a release form.
- No comp tickets for guests will be available to the event.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
- Fill out on-line application including a link to your performance.
- Submit a $20.00 non-refundable application fee. Click here to Pay
- Send an e-mail to <firstname.lastname@example.org> with the reference as “Competition and your name”. The body of the email should use the following verbiage and include the following attachments:
- Your Photo in jpg format, no larger than 18MB:
- A Signed waiver form
- In the body of the email please include the following: I am applying for the The Star Next Door Vocal Competition. Attached you will find my Photo. I confirm that the attached waiver contains my signature and further confirm that I agree to the use of my image and video performance for marketing purposes; I accept the judge’s decision as final.
- Your name and phone number
- Once an application is submitted on-line, including a link to the video performance, a $20 non-refundable application fee is submitted, and an email with a waiver form and a picture is received, your application is considered complete and you will receive a confirmation via e-mail from the RAA.
- All communication concerning the RAA Vocal Competition will be done via email. For more information, see our website or email <email@example.com>.
|Location||Investors Bank Theater|