How can I get involved?
What is the event timeline?
- 8:30 - Check-in & On-site Registration Opens (located at Registration tents)
- 9:30 – Pre-Race Warm Up (located by DJ)
- 9:45 - On-site Parking Closes – Please Arrive Early!
- 9:45 – On-site Registration Closes
- 9:45 – Opening Ceremony – All runners and walker please join us! (located by DJ)
- 10:00 - 5K Run Start & 2M Walk Start
- 11:00 - 5K Awards Ceremony & Costume Contest (located by DJ)
- 11:30 - Kids Dashes (located by DJ)
- 11:45 - Family Activities (located at kick off area)
What is the 5K Run course?
Your 3.1 mile course takes you through the beautiful Giralda Farms complex, into the neighboring towns of Madison and Chatham, onto a paved traffic-free pathway, and back home to Giralda Farms. The course is USATF certified and also offers 500 USATF-NJ Grand Prix points. You will enjoy display clocks at each mile and a water station to refresh you along the way. Course marshals will guide you and cheer you on!
What is the 2 Mile Walk course?
This course also takes advantage of the scenic Giralda Farms complex and stays entirely on paved walking paths when outside of the property. Fun and safe for the entire family!
Who can participate in the Kids Dashes?
There is truly something for everyone at this event! All registered kids (runners and walkers) 11 & under are welcome to participate in the Kids Dashes at 11:30. Participants will sprint in friendly competition with their peers up to 100 meters (less for the little ones!).
How can I register?
Can I register onsite?
Yes… but please arrive early! On-site registration will close by 9:45 AM.
What are the registrations fees?
Here are the fees through Thursday, May 31, 2018.
Note: All registration fees will increase by $5 on the day of the event.
- 5K Run: $25.00
- 5K Run (USATF-NJ member): $22.00
- 5k Run Youth (under 18): $20.00
- 2M Walk: $15.00
- 2M Walk Current Gg Participant (no fee): $0.00
- Kids Dashes (11 & under) $5.00
- Kids Dash Current Gg Participant (11 & under - no fee): $0.00
- All children under 4 are free.
Is there team registration?
Yes. When you register you will be given the option to create a team, join an existing team, or just register on your own.
Do I get a t-shirt?
Shirts are available to the first 500 registrants (who register by 5/31), so be sure to sign up early!
Do I have to fundraise?
No… but we hope that you will fundraise for Good Grief. When you sign up online, you can create a personalized fundraising page or a team fundraising page. You can direct your friends and family to this page via email and social media so they can help support a great cause! If you don’t plan to fundraise, you can still make a donation along with your registration. We are grateful for your support!
How do I turn in my donations?
You can either raise money online (through the event website), turn in your donations on race day*, or mail your donations to us at: Good Grief, 38 Elm Street, Morristown, NJ 07960. If you are mailing in checks, checks should be made out to Good Grief and make sure to include your name and team's name with any correspondence. Thank you for your support!
* If you chose to bring your donations to the event, please try to arrive early.
Where does the money raised go?
Good Grief is 100% privately funded and our programs are free to families. All funds collected from race registration, fundraising efforts and sponsorships go directly to support the children and families we serve.
Are there awards for the 5K?
Yes! Awards will be given to: The top 3 overall men and women and the top 3 men and women in 5 year age categories: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, and 85+
Where is the race? Where do I park?
GPS Address: Dodge Dr. and Madison Ave. (Route 124), Madison, NJ 07940. Once you enter the Giralda Farms complex, you will be directed to parking and the event site by volunteers and/or bright orange signs.
Will there be a bag storage service on site?
No, please come prepared with only the gear you need to run/walk.
Are dogs allowed?
No, dogs are not allowed at this event.
Will there be vendors on race day?
We hope so! Please check back for updates.
What's the Rain Plan?
The event is rain or shine. Think positive…Think dry! Keep your fingers crossed. Do a sunshine dance. But follow the next few steps and be prepared, just in case...
- Pack extra clothing, extra ponchos, etc. for staying dry in the event of rain.
- Be sure to check-in to get all the day of event updates at the registration table and then go have fun!
- In the case of lightning, a tornado, or other unsafe conditions, we will delay the Opening Ceremony and the start of the run/walk. An announcement will be made, and participants will be directed to go into the parking garage until the storms pass.
- In the event of a pre-race day delay (before 8:30 AM), we will send an email to all registered participants and post updates on the 5K event website and the www.Good-Grief.org. You may also call, 908.522.1999 x8010.
If I can’t make it, will you refund my registration fee?
No, registration for this event is non-refundable and non-transferable. If you cannot make it on race day, we will consider your registration a gift to Good Grief.
Who is the management/timing company?
Proudly managed by Sports A/R. For event info call 908-245-3000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
. Timing & Scoring is provided by Best Racing Systems and results will be found at www.bestrace.com
. Mobile results will be available immediately on event day.
How do I learn more about sponsorship opportunities?
For event sponsorship opportunities, please contact Courtney Hodock at 908-522-1999 x8010 or email email@example.com