Mount Arlington: Memorial Day Parade May 29th, 2017
Borough of Mt. Arlington - 2017 Memorial Day Parade
ALL RECREATION SPORTS HAVE BEEN INVITED TO MARCH IN THE 2017 MEMORIAL DAY PARADE.
MONDAY MAY 29TH, 2017
PARENTS MUST SUPERVISE AND MARCH WITH THEIR CHILDREN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PARADE. COACHES WILL NOT BE SUPERVISING THEIR TEAMS.
9:30am at MAPS school near the playground area in area marked for Recreation. Eddie Botero will be our Recreation contact on the day of the parade if you have any questions. Parade will start promptly at 10:30am.
PARADE ROUTE & CEREMONY
Parade will start at MAPS school (recreation will meet by the front playground area), Please stay off of Kadel drive until directed when to proceed by the Events Crew. Parade will go down Howard Blvd, turn left on Altenbrand Avenue and end on North Glen Ave by Memorial Park. Please continue on the route or step onto the sidewalks to allow the rest of the parade line to come through.
There will be a short ceremony following the parade at Memorial Park to honor our veterans.
Immediately following there will be free hot dogs and soda at the Elks Lodge on Howard Blvd that is open to the public.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
- Players are asked to wear their Team Jersey's or Tee-Shirts. (Mix and match if you're in multiple sports, etc).
- Feel free to wear any MTA recreation sports tee/Jersey (volleyball, soccer, tee-ball, bowling, basketball, softball, cheer) No cleats. Wear comfy clothes and sneakers.
- Patriotic wear is a great idea in addition to your team shirts.
- Bring plenty of water and wear sunscreen.
- Parents & Siblings are welcome to march as well.
- We recommend strollers/wagons for little ones. Decorated bikes are welcome.
RSVP is not necessary.
All are welcome to march and celebrate our veterans!
Any questions please regarding recreation's participation in the parade please contact us at email@example.com
The Parade Coordinator is also still looking for classic cars and/or convertibles to drive our veterans through the parade as well as any new additions to the parade such as groups, floats, music, etc. Please contact us if you have any ideas or suggestions. New contacts are always welcome!
|Event Date||05-29-2017 10:30 am|
|Location||Mount Arlington Memorial Park|